Chapter 12

It has been a month since I have seen or heard from Harry. As for what I have done, my father gave me a job as his secretary in his office in London.  I changed my number. I told Lucy I moved and I am slowly having things from my house in Chicago transferred over to my house here. Today I am taking a personal day to put my house together.  Hey Mariana, Harry has been looking for you... is everything okay? I don't reply right away in fear that Harry is right there next to Lucy as she texted me. I put my music on and I decided to sweep up the dust and to clean the wooden floors with Murphy Oil and planned where to put the couch, the television, and the center table along with the cactus plant I had bought. It may be exotic, but it is interesting and gives the house some character. This month has been tough. Since I live in England, everything seems to remind me of Harry, but at least it is giving me a fresh start and my father and I are getting along. 

There is a knock on the door, so I walk up and answer the door and there is Niall... standing there. Niall is the one who I believe started this, so I was very angry. "Mariana, you are placing the blame on the wrong guy. Could we talk? I want you to know something that Harry would want you to hear." He lets me know and waits politely for me to answer and allow him to enter my house. I move out of the way and allow him in. 

"Excuse the mess... I just moved in. Would you like red or white wine? I don't have any beer at the moment. I let him know as I am pouring myself a very full wine glass filled with white wine. 

"Red is fine, thanks." He says and I see him wiping the floor with a rag that I have had on the floor. I smile before I enter, I have no idea what Niall is going to tell me, but I am anxious and nervous to find out. To be honest, Niall doesn't seem like the guy you would think. Knowing about his dark past he has no tattoos. "Thank you." So we sat on the couch, the only piece of furniture in my living room. 

"So what is it that Harry wants me to hear?" I ask so that this conversation would be finished. 

"You are the only one who knows the genuine Harry. He never shows anyone his true colors, other than Gemma...Anne....Robin... well his family and then, there came you. Not blaming you. He was comfortable with you. Tracy... the girl you saw him with, was an old fling and an old bet. She and Harry never really were on good terms. Any way... that night. He got jealous. Harry never knew it... but he ...well its not my place. But he told me to give you this." He gestures inside his jacket and hands me an envelope. "Not telling you to open it now, but I hope you open it. Harry is an idiot but he is my friend. I hope to become a friend with you." He sips on his wine and looks around. 

"Niall, you are not the person you seem." I say before my mind could stop the thought from escaping my mouth. "I mean... you seem like you could be angry at the world but you aren't." 

"That's because I just did not need the negativity in my life. " He states. "If you need me to, I could come by some time and help you around the house." He says before writing down his number and leaving. I told him I would think of inviting him. As for the envelope, I set it on the kitchen table. I am not ready to read it just yet. 

THE NEXT MORNING: 

As I am having breakfast, I notice that I left that envelope to where I would want to read it. On the front there was writing on it... Mariana written in neat cursive. I sort of looked at it in a questioning face but then I made a commitment, I would read it after work.. "Oh hell.." I say and then I opened it.