Chapter 6

It has been a month now since I have known Harry. Two weeks ago we went on a trip to Nashville. We kissed. We had sex. For me, it was all in the moment. Since then, other than the road trip home, he hasn't spoken to me. I wonder why. I know this is all going by so fast, but I don't know what to do. With all this time, I start to think... am I interested in Harry? He is sweet and charming, knows how to treat a woman. His childhood changed him and he seems very alone. It seems as if I was the only thing for him. "Mariana, you have to tell him how you are feeling..." I told Lucy about my thoughts and asked for her advice. 

"What if.... what if he doesn't believe me?" I ask her. "What if I missed all my chances?" I paced and she told me that I should grow some confidence and just talk to him. This is so hard. Even though I don't know if I want to or not, I know that I have fallen for him. It just won't seem fair since I just broke up with Trey. Harry might think of it as he is just a rebound. 

"Harry has an interest in you. Mariana, you were the only other nice one besides me offering friendship to him. He is a loner, he doesn't know Chicago... but we do." She makes a point. "And I hear he invited you to his sister's graduation." I smiled. I did tell him that I was interested in going. 

*Harry's POV*

First payment is due in a week. I expect  1,000 pounds in my mailbox before next Saturday. I am so frustrated. Before we came back, Mariana and I had something steamy go on between us that I wish I hadn't done. We were friends and now it is just awkward. Dwayne got on my case more and more. Before I could respond Dwayne texts me You think that the other debtors knocked on Mariana's door...? It was my team. I knew subliminally that it was him. I just didn't want to freak Mariana out. I sat on my bed after I took a shower. I have no idea what to do. 

Moments later I heard a knock on the door. "Hey Harry." She says barely above a whisper. I move out of the way so that she could enter the foyer and she took a seat at the kitchen table. "I came here because I want to talk to you." I follow her and she looks at me. 

"Well I am all yours, you could continue." She takes my hand and I am hesitant and not wanting to let go. 

"What happened in Nashville made me realize how I truly fell for you." She took a breath. "I wanted to deny it because I didn't want you to feel like a rebound but you, Harry, you, made me feel like I could truly be myself. Wilder side though, but none the less, you are a great friend. And I knew I messed up. But.... could we, maybe go out on a date, my treat... so that this idiot." She lets go to point her finger to herself. "Could make it up to you?" 

"Mariana, the moment you stepped up and got a coconut Italian Ice, I wanted to kiss you and I noticed that there was an instant connection. Hoping you felt the same way." She smiled and gave me a hug. 

"Great. I will pick you up at 9. Dress somewhat dressed up but not too much." She says as she leaves. I shout that I will see her later. "Will do!" She yells out to me. I wave as she leaves and I am left to my curiosity. What is going on? 

*Lucy's POV* 

Do you know what Mariana has planned for tonight ? I got a text from Harry and I was texting him confused. Did she tell him how she feels? I know that I am new to her crew, but it is just the three of us.  We are friends and I hope that whatever is going on, that neither of them toy with each other's hearts.  No, I have no idea. I didn't think she was going to talk to you.... she told me she was going for a manicure and a pedicure. I tell him honestly.  He thanks me for the little help that I could provide.    "Hey Lucy..." I hear from Mariana's bedroom window. "Could you help me? Just tell me yay or nay." I nod.  She went to go change I am assuming as she reenters the room looking good in a first outfit.