Chapter 26

Sitting at the table and watching hula dancers made me happy. The hula dancers explained what their dance means and even said what the arm motions were for the tourists at the event. Everyone claps and I join in. Hawaii is paradise. It is a whole new world. Tropical fruits that I haven't even heard of. "Excuse me, miss....could I have another pina colada?" I ask and she replies with a yes and brings the drink back. "Thank you." I thank her. 

"Thank you so much for allowing us to show you the Hawaiian form of expression. Whoever wants to join, come on up. We would be happy to show you how to dance." I smile. Ever since Lilo and Stitch came out on Disney, I have always dreamed of dancing to hula music and being in another state of mind. The leis and the beautiful flower. I look down at the table and there is a card... with some flowers faded in the background with some font...reading Noho ke ma hau'oli and then there is the translation as be happy. That is something that I feel would be a great tattoo... but not on me.  I get that thought out of my mind and do something that I never have done before... stepping out in the spot light. Being the shy person I am, makes it almost impossible to go up and show people who I am. 

When I begin to dance... I see someone, or  an outline... it is Harry. I gasp and I run off the stage. I need space still. "MARIANA!" I hear him and I know that he is probably chasing me. "Please... let me talk. I miss you. I know you do too." He is right. I do miss him, but for him, he sees this as a phase. I know that love doesn't always keep love, but you strive for it. "Please!?" I hear him plea and I know that once I turn around, all this... strength is just going to go away. I need this for myself. Nobody else. 

"Please don't leave me and make my thoughts come true..." I hear him closer to me. Even though I am facing in front of me, he is behind me facing the same way, his breath hits my neck and it is just what I need. His comfort.... but you know what I need more...? I need someone who can live in the present. Not see me leave one second and then come to me begging me to be with them for one more cuddle. 

"Harry, let me go..." I turned around. "I love you, I do... I think about you...day and night....but I don't want you to be the one that things I will leave... when we all know, you might. Harry we are polar opposites. I want this to work... but you need help. I cannot help by just knowing an inch of you rather than all... I am sorry... but this.... this ends now." I tell him with my tear stained face. 

"Mariana.... I love you and I dont think that way, not anymore. I know you love me and I do too... I am just a little too late. Aren't I?" I nod and I walk off.