Chapter 10

*Mariana's POV* 

"I am helping you." I told him as I haven't even entered the kitchen yet. For the past few days I have been bothered by his behavior. Not that he is childish, its just that he is so...distant. I spoke softly, I am so nervous. Harry would never output his anger to someone he doesn't mean to... its just that this tension feels so different. As if he  is really angry at the world. As I kneel down and clean up the glass I ask. "Harry, what is wrong? Ever since we got off the plane... or you talked to Niall, you seem more on edge." I took a breath and it was shaky. "Is it about Dwayne?" I notice that he tenses more and it frightens me a bit. I look down at the floor 

"I cannot tell you. Mariana, other than what you are lending me, I do not want to get you involved. You have been through..." He told me and I got so mad and sad at that. He knows why I wanted to help him in the first place. 

"You cannot be doing this to me." I say  angry because friends and someone who is lending a helping hand should be able to communicate with the person they are helping. "Harry, I am here for you." I hold his rather large hand, "No matter what. WE are friends and we may be more, but even if this all falls out of place, I am still going to be your friend." I tell him as I am wiping the liquid up with a cloth that he had handed me a while ago. For someone who doesn't want him he sure asks for it in other ways. 

"I need to meet with Dwayne in a bit. Can I please just have a peaceful breakfast?" When he told me that I had had enough and it was draining. Maybe I befriended someone who is unable to be with friends. Harry has been damaged. I nodded and left. He deserves his breakfast peacefully. I go up to the room and text my father. I remember his other office being in London. I knock on Gemma's door. 

"Gemma?" I ask before she tells me to come in. "Good morning." We smile. "Harry wants to eat his breakfast peacefully... can we do some girl bonding? Since we need to get to know each other.?" I asked her and I hoped that Gemma would say yes and that she wanted to go... 

"Well, I already have plans but I could drop you off somewhere and you could explore on your own and let me know when you want to get back." She met in the middle which is what I really wanted anyway, so it would give me some time to clear my mind. I nodded and told her that I would get ready for the day. 

"Harry, I am going to town with Gemma... so just don't die today... okay?" He looked shocked that I said something like that but he knows...or should know that I am very upset about hat he has done and what he is not going to tell me. 

"Alright Mariana. I am ready, just meet me in the car when you are also ready." I nodded. and told her that I would just want to be dropped off at a nearby grocery store so that I could cook some lunch or dinner. Depending on what they would enjoy at home together... as a family, without me there. I will of course leave a note. 

A FEW HOURS LATER 

Dear Harry, Gemma, Anne, and Robin, 

I left. There is some dinner in the oven that you could reheat. I am safe and visiting family here in England. I am going to take a train or whatever to get to London. So have fun and I hope that all is well. I will keep in touch... Harry, here is the money, hope all is well. After I meet with my family I am going back to Chicago... so Gemma, Congrats and I owe you a present. 

-Mariana. 

I left that on the fridge hoping that they would find it and that Harry would not be mad at me.  I sigh and leave out the front door. Leaving the positive household that I once saw potential in. Whatever the situation with Dwayne might be, since Harry wouldn't tell me, I just hope that everything would work out in his favor. He deserves to be happy. I walk down the block and I see that my father has texted me. My friend, Luke, will be in a blue range rover, he is 4 blocks north from your location. Cannot wait to see you :) I sigh and scoff. So Harry's teenage years would screwed up through drugs and alcohol and gangs...while my troubles were either family or health issues. Apparently I am dealing with both today. So I reply: Thanks for the information. See you soon. :) My father was the most resentful people during this process that has ever been in my support system. He never was there at the hospital and he hated that my cancer.... a health problem... took a lot of his middle class income. Now he upgraded and owns a realty company. My father, John, has always been into real estate, he just never had the guts to do it, until MARIANA'S CANCER happened.