Chapter 23

I know that stages of childhood development is sorted like this but my relationship has been so beautiful. Three months. The moments we shared and the kisses we have chosen to take, the path that was paved for us, the world against us. All those moments pushed me to be a better person. Ever since my boyfriend came into my life, a dark cloud has been lifted. He took me out of my depression. Granted it seemed like it was too easy, but it was very difficult. We are polar opposites so our personalities do fit but that is after they clash. 

"So what are you planning on doing for my brother?" She asked. Gemma was a bit surprised when I asked her to go to the spa with her but then I told her some of the plan but not all.

"I want to get him an airplane necklace." She looks shocked. "I get it, shocker. I just want him to remember me in a way when he moves away. Also his free spirited nature and his dreams to travel the world one way or another." I tell her. 

"Aww... relationship goals." She squeaks and I laugh. "Seriously though, this is the longest relationship he has been in." She and I look at each other. "So after the spa are we going to the mall to shop for him and for you?" 

"Yes, and then finish it off with some croissants and coffee."  She smiles. "So I heard you are dating someone? Harry thought I knew something and I don't." 

"His names is Ashton and he moved here from Australia and he works at a music store...." She blushes and I love the smile that is beaming right when she told me this. 

"How long?" 

"We have talked for three months and one month ago he asked me. I am so happy... I just hope that Harry can see the good in him and not scare him away. He loves to sing, play guitar, he loves family, he is just.... so different. I like different." 

"You don't need to convince me. Harry just wants the best for you. Let him know that you think that Ashton is a good one. Just tell him that he needs to support you." I tell her. "If you want, I could go to the lunch with you... and play as a buffer."  She was shocked I offered. 

"Can you?" I nodded and we continued going around. "Are you cooking Harry some dinner tonight?" 

"Which is when you come in. I want you to take him on a sibling time... go to a movie and then dinner would be done.  Please... just hang out with him so that I could have the house set up for a romantic time. Which brings me to think that I should at least buy lingerie in Victoria's Secret." I let her know and she smiles. 

"Nobody has ever out this much thought into him. I don't think Harry is even thinking that highly of himself." 

"He has become very... I don't know, but he and I talked last night and he seems somewhat insecure about himself." I told her. "I get that I was raised and grew up with someone who was similar to his past, but I love him for him. Although, we haven't told each other yet."

She and I have always been besties since we met. Gemma was so cool and we chatted and we continued to talk. Just about our regular days and she occasionally tells me how she believes that I am in over my head when it comes to Harry. Sometimes I want to believe her,  but then I have to be reminded that Harry has easily been my best friend, and then became someone who was different from the mold most people fall for. He isn't using me for anything, even I thought that and he reassured me. This path that he is going along on, well it makes me happy that he is making his own mark on the world. "Harry is a great guy." I look at her and tell her. 

*Harry's POV* 

The doorbell rang and I went to answer the door. "Hi, I am Gigi, Mariana's sister-in-law." She looks me in the eyes. "Wow, I know you are taken but you are handsome." She smiles and bats her eye lashes. I gave her the bag and Peter. When Gigi left I felt amazed that someone as cookie-cutter commented on my looks. Other than the original 'you are a bun' 'get out of here' and 'what a loser'. I know that Mariana told me that I was great, but all I heard was the silence of her thoughts. The thought of her thinking that I am not the person I am and the thought of her leaving me... is something that I don't want. I crave for her every night. I love that she is by my side no matter what I am dealing with. 

Looking at the calendar I notice that today is the 17th of October. Exactly three months since we have met. Three weeks since my life changed and dragged me along with it. I know what I am going to give her tonight. Another song. Something special. I take my phone out and text her: Hey babe. I miss you and I wish we were cuddling. I am home alone, naked in bed ;) . What? I cannot let her think that I changed 180 degrees because of some meet-aversary. I get my guitar from the closet and I take out a pen and paper. 

Although she has been in my life for three months, it seems like it was longer. It seems as though it has just been us. Mariana has been here, beside me. Nobody... NOBODY could drag me down.... because with her, I feel invincible. I can do anything. 

(A/N: I am changing the song a bit to fit their situation, Harry's raw emotions in this story. -Jackie) 

  I've got fire for a heart
I'm not scared of the dark
You've never seen it look so easy
I got a river for a soul
And love you're my boat
Baby you're my only reason ...

  If I didn't have you there would be nothing left
The shell of a man who could never be the best
If I didn't have you, I'd never see the sun
You taught me how to be a better one 

  All these months
You stood by me
While no one else was ever behind me
All these words
They can't hurt me
With your love, nothing can drag me down  (2 times) 

  I got fire for a heart
I'm not scared of the dark
You've never seen it look so easy
I got a river for a soul
And baby you're my boat
Baby you're my only reason ... 

  If I didn't have you there would be nothing left 
The shell of a man who could never be his best 
If I didn't have you, I'd never see the sun 
You taught me how to be someone  

That was all I got on paper. I cannot wait to sing it to her. I know her smile is going to be huge and her eyes will be squinted because of her happiness. Her happiness is all that matters to me. She has always told me that she wanted to go to Hawaii. So I go online and I search for tickets...last minute. It is Tuesday, we could leave Friday. Surprise! So I printed the tickets out and put the tickets in an envelope and put the envelope in a small shirt box I got from the closet. She gets clothes for people when she has no other idea. So we have a lot of them stashed. There was a knock on the door. 

"Hey Harry." I see that it is my sister and what seems to be her new puppy she also got. "Meet Pepper." She smiled and asked me to go for a walk. "Did you get Mariana something?" 

"I got her plane tickets to Hawaii and I also wrote her a song." I told her and she smiled. "Can you give me a hint to what she is getting me?" 

"All I know is her gift is going to be meaningful. Can we go see a drive in movie? Mariana basically begged me to stall you from going home. So we have about three hours." She tells me. I automatically sigh. 

"Why? Can we just go for a drink instead?" I ask. It has been a while since I went to a bar and my sister knows it. "Mariana does not know that I miss drinking." I tell her and she nods. 

*Mariana's POV* 

Even though it is with Gemma, I am nervous of him being in a bar. What if they lose count of what they are drinking? What if they get into a bar fight? I cannot think about that until after I am done setting this up.  As I am putting the beans in the pot to stir the refried beans and stir them... I know that something is wrong. My phone is in my bedroom charging and not knowing what is going on is something that is setting me on edge. I turn the oven off and I pace the living room. I know that I am not his type... but he told me that he never had a type... and every time we would talk about anything... he would break down. Do you know how difficult that is? I love him but I want to love all of him, not the three months of him I have seen so far.  I hear my phone ring and I am racing up the stairs. 

"Hi. Mariana speaking." 

"Mariana, Harry Styles is in the hospital..." Those words spilled through the phone and I nearly dropped it. 

"I will be there... Which hospital?" The person on the phone tells me which hospital and I speed to my car and I text Gemma letting her know I am on my way. She seemed nervous in her responses. What the hell happened? I enter the hospital and I see that Gemma is standing close to the desk. 

"Don't worry, she is with me..." She lets the receptionist know. How the hell does this happen when something is important?