Chapter 25

When we landed in Hawaii, it felt

 When we landed in Hawaii, it felt...romantic. He swept me off my feet and  just made me feel special. Even though the empty spaces are unnecessary for me to know, it makes me feel like someone thinks I am worth while. Only he has been doing that for me. "Harry, you are one of a kind." I say as we are walking to the elevator up to our room. 

"Thank you, but so are you." He says as he picks me up just like those cheesy after wedding scenes in romantic comedies. I laugh and try to lower my skirt so that my ass would not be showing. "Why are you covering? It is only me honey." He says as he puts the key card into the slot and opens the door. "Looks like someone dropped off our luggage." He says looking into the room and seeing that our bags are there. 

"I am so tired..." I sigh and moan and he smirks. "Sorry I moaned out of exhaustion." I joked and I took my clothes off and asked Harry if I could wear his white t-shirt to sleep.  "You know why I fell for you?" I asked him. 

*Harry's POV* 

"You know why I fell for you?" Mariana asks as we are cuddling in the bed. 

"Why?" 

"I fell for you because you are an improvement on your own." She smiles and kisses my lips. "Harry even though you are imperfect, but who is perfect? There is a lot of things that I am ashamed of..." She whispers. "But with you... I feel as if I can be myself."She tells me. She turns her head so she can yawn without having breath hit my face. We laugh together. 

"I was thinking we could do this hike tomorrow." I let her know. 

"Can't we just go to the beach tomorrow...?" She asks before she falls asleep in my arms.  "I am really tired and it would be great to start off the week with a morning walk on the beach..." She tries to reason with me. and I nod. 

"Of course baby." I give her a kiss and then I cuddle into her so that I can relish in the feeling of her. All this time, there was this missing puzzle piece that I never found....until July. I think.... I may jinx it so I am just going to think it and not get my hopes up. 

Once I cuddle into her, I feel her breathing and it is so calming that I fall asleep a bit after her. 

SKIP TO THE MORNING WALK ON THE BEACH: 

With Mariana holding my hand walking on the beach, it feels like paradise. Even though every moment with her seems like paradise. Except for the moments when she is upset about something. "Harry? What is something adventurous do you want to do while we are in Hawaii?" 

"I want to learn to surf. How about you?" 

She thought about it. "Maybe scuba diving. It seems like fun." In my mind I feel as if it is dangerous. Diving in the open ocean.  "Are you worried?" She looks at me and stops...to where she and I make eye contact and She goes on her tiptoes and kisses my lips. Tingling sensation being sent between the both of us. 

"I am, it's in the open ocean..." 

"Same with your surfing." She admits. "I am somewhat nervous for you to surf, but you want to. So I trust that you will be safe in doing so." I nod and we continue walking hand in hand. "I saw that there is a luau... we should go, it seems like fun." She says. "Do you want to go? Because I want to." She tells me. 

"Sounds like fun, but I was looking forward to a bath together and a night in." I admit. I know that I seem possessive. I want to have some time with her... knowing and thinking that she might leave me for someone else. 

"Honey, we could spend time inside in England... you can stay in, however I am going to go to the luau and I will see you later." Although her voice was nervous, it came across as a threat. "And if you don't get out eventually... you are going to be a sheltered turtle all your life. Nobody wants that..." She says as she walks off into the distance with me standing there like an idiot and then it hit me... we are fighting on this vacation. 

"WAIT!" I yell as I run towards her and she stops just as I started to accelerate even more. She turns and her face is speaking volumes. "I am sorry, you are right, its just that I think that sooner or later you will leave me." I catch my breath. "I want to spend as much time with you as I can." 

She looks down. "Harry, I have no idea what is getting to your head... but what about this.."She pointed and moved her finger between the both of us. "What makes you think that I will leave you? Harry if you think I am someone that strings someone along... maybe I should leave." She ran off and cried. I know she and I both have to have space right now to think and cool off... so I didn't chase her off. 

ABOUT AN HOUR LATER: 

*Mariana's POV* 

I was talking to Niall... because he is the only one who happened to answer the phone. He is going to pick me up at the London Airport whenever I get back since I am buying a last minute plane ticket home. I packed my bag and just up and left. Harry is a very loving and caring guy, however, I don't want to be with someone so possessive because he does not see himself as someone worth it. Harry makes me happy, but he makes me more agitated.  As I am taking a cab, I notice that I am leaving a paradise. Why did I choose to leave? Why not just stick here and hide and have my own vacation. 

"Never mind sir, take me to the closest hotel..." I tell him and he nods. "Sorry about that." I smile. 

"Hope Hawaii treats you well. Remember... let the waves hit your feet and the sand be your seat." He says. "It isn't my business but don't let anyone ruin Hawaii for you..." He says and he looks at me, "Islands and islands of fun." He says and we laugh together. 

"That is true. Hawaii is gorgeous and I have been dying to come here since i was a girl. Do you know where I could take hula lessons?" 

"Wanna Hula is a good place. You meet in the studio but then they drive out to the beaches or a great place to practice and learn the hula moves." I nod and thank him as he drops me off at the hotel. The sign reads 'The Royal Hawaiian'. Such a big hotel and it looks amazing. I roll my suitcase with me and I check into a suite on the penthouse floor and it was surprisingly cheaper than what I thought it would be. 

"Thank you." I tell the bell boy and I give him a $5 tip since he was very nice to me and I smiled when he left because I knew that this was my new start and a new beginning. I decided that I was going to rent a car, then I would do a helicopter tour, then I might go scuba diving, and then I want to go to the Luau so that I could experience it first hand. Hawaii... here comes Mariana. 

*Harry's POV* 

Sitting on the beach chair by the pool was cool... but I wish that Mariana was with me right now. Even though it is my fault. It always is. People always leave me anyway. My mother didn't leave me and neither did my family, but relationship and friendships are hard to stick to. I am sipping on a pina colada and I am wishing that we could be sharing the experience. Maybe she is going to be at the luau in about thirty minutes.  I decided that I should change out of my black tshirt and jeans and switch them out for my Hawaiian theme shirt and some swimming trunks instead of shorts. All I hope is that she is in the room and we can talk this through.

When I get into the elevator I get this feeling... like I know she isn't going to be in the room, but then knowing Mariana... her suitcase is going to be there and she is going to come back to talk to me. After all.... she said that she would never leave me.