Chapter Two

Maya's Point Of View
I made the Football team, and I was proud of myself. When I got home I told my parents and we celebrated. After a few minutes of celebrating my mom told me "I think you should go meet the neighbors , they have a son your age." My mom always did this, always somewhere trying to set me up a boy. So I rolled my eyes "mom , really do I have to?"
"Well I kinda already told him that you would come by..."
"Did you tell him my name."
"No I left the rest to you." she said as if she was proud.
"yea, thanks mom." I said with sarcasim. I then grabed my phone and walked out the front door . Then I walked to the house over . When I got to the door I rang the doorbell and a familiar face answered the door."
"Maya? What are you doing here?"
"well you see, I live next to you and my mom told me I should introduce myself to my new neighbors."
Lucas smiled "oh, okay well you came in the right time, im the middle of a crisis." Right as he said that a little girl came around the corner and said "Wucas! My hair wooks like a tornado went though it!"
"Oh My." I say as I look at her hair.
"so this is your crisis? Dont worry I can fix this. What is the ocassion?"
"She is a Ballet Dancer, she has a residal."
"okay, but how do you not know how to do a tight bun?" I said while brushing her hair.
"usually my mom or riley does it."
"Where are they?"
" I dont know."
"Wucas is this your girlfriend?" his little sister said and looked at me.
Lucas looked at me amd said "n-no , me and Maya are just friends, Ava."
"aww, but I wike her." Ava said.
"thanks Ava, your not so bad yourself." I said smiling.

After a few minutes
"Done!" I said.

"wow, Maya, you do it better than my sister Riley

"wow, Maya, you do it better than my sister Riley." Ava said.
"thank you, but I think I should get going."
"okay, bye Maya!" Ava said.
"bye, Ava, bye Lucas." I said as I walked out the door.

Lucas's Point Of View
"bye, Ava, bye Lucas." Maya said as she walkes out the door."
"I really Wike her Wucas." Ava said.
"I think I do too." I said under my breath.

Maya's Point Of View
When I got home my parents and two other people I didnt know were sitting down at the table. So I walked in the kitchen and my mom said "Maya? Is that you Honey?" Normally I would say somthing smart like Nah, ma its a bugalar,but since there was company I said "yes mom, its me."
"will you come here please ?"
I walked in the dinning room and my mom said "meet Mr and Mrs Matthews. " (keep in mind Maya dosent know Lucas's last name. Nor does she think the Riley at school and the Riley Ava was talking about is the same person.)
"hi nice to meet you." I said to both of them.
"So, maya." Mrs. Matthews said.
"yes?" I said.
"would you be up to babysitting?"
"Umm yea, im down." I said with a smile.
"good because my son Lucas and daughter Riley are never home to watch her."
"wait, your Lucas's parents from next door?"
"oh, yes sorry I didnt make that clear."
"so Ill be babysitting Ava?"
"yes."
"okay, yes , Ill take the job, I already met Ava, She is such a cutie."
"okay great, you'll start tommorow after school."
"okay." and with that I went upstairs to my room.

Lucas's Point Of View
I was driving home from Ava's recital when I got a text from my mom.
mom: hey, we found a babysitter.
lucas: okay :) who?
mom: maya, our neighbor.
When I read this message I smiled. "looks like im gonna cancel all my plans for tommorow." I said really quiet.
"what did you say wucas?" Ava said half asleep.
"nothing , go to sleep."

Maya's Point Of View
It was 6:00 and my alarm clock was going off. So I got up and got ready. I did a little bit of makeup on , braided my hair and put on some clothes.

 I did a little bit of makeup on , braided my hair and put on some clothes

I grabed my bookbag then headed out the door for school. When I got to school I went to my locker. "hey, maya." said a voice I remembered, preppy, high pitched voice. "what do you want Riley."
"oh nothing, have fun babysitting my little sister." she said laughing.
"wait the precious little Ava I met yesterday is YOUR sister."
"ya, and Lucas is my brother, so I suggest you stay away from him."
"one I feel really bad for them, two I really dont need you to tell me what to do."
"honey, people would die to be my sibling."
"ya, keep on telling yourself that, oh and Riley you have a booger."
With that Riley ran off covering her nose as people laughed. While I stood there. Un-amused

Lucas's Point Of View
"ya and Lucas is my brother, I suggest you stay away from him." Riley said.
My face turned red.
"one I feel really bad for them, two I really dont need you to tell me what to do." Maya said.
"honey, people would die to be my sibling."
"ya, keep on telling yourself that, oh and Riley you have a booger.
My sister ran off covering her nose while people laughed. Maya didnt look like she was amused. I dont really think she likes making people laugh at Riley, I just think thats the only way she knows to get Riley to leaver her alone.

Find out what happens when Maya babysits Ava. Sorry for the borin chapter💜