Chapter Twenty

A YEAR LATER

today was the day... it was the day i was gonna see Lucas for the first time in 2 years. I got up early and jumped into the shower. When I got out I curled my hair and put on little makeup. yes, i realise that i had a plane ride all the way to texas but that don't mean im not gonna dress up for my boyfriend. I dressed myself in a long sleave black drawstring crop top with some shorts and my red lowtop converse.

 I dressed myself in a long sleave black drawstring crop top with some shorts and my red lowtop converse

Once I was finished I packed all my bags in my car preparing myself. I started the engine and before i knew it, i was driving the well awaited drive to the airport.

Huckleberry 🔐😍
I cant wait to see you babygirl.

I glanced down at my phone and smiled at the message. If i wasn't driving i would have instantly responded but because i was , i didn't.

❤️

I had finally arrived at the airport and i was now sitting in my window seat. by this time i was actually shaking with many emotions. I was excited, scared, happy. I calmed myself with my favorite song at the moment. humming the words quitly. letting the lyrics sink in.

you like new york city in the day time, i like new york city in the night. and say you like sleeping with the air off, i dont, i need it on.

Looking out the window, I smiled to myself knowing how my life was going to change. In texas i decided to teach an art class in a highschool.

I still couldn't believe that i was going to finally see Lucas. The last 2 years of my life have simple been very exhausting. between doing my work, keeping up with lucas, helping with riley, trying to maintain a healthy life and making sure to never miss a facetime with lucas, I was stressed and im glad that chapter of my life is ending and a new one is beginning.

I told riley to move with me down to texas but she already had her life put together. her and farkle were now married with two kids. soon after avalyn was born, riley was pregnant for the second time. It was pretty exciting to be honest but my thoughts soon disapeared while i fell into a deep sleep.

❤️

I woke up to a bunch of moving around realising that everyone was up getting their bags and getting off the plane.

I yawned quietly before unbuckling and getting up. I walked slowly off the plane and into the airport when reality hit me. I WAS ABPUT TO REUNITE WITH LUCAS. i rushed over to get my luggage and then into the nearest ladies restroom. I quickley checked my appereance in the mirror realising i looked the same as i did when i left my house, only difference is that my hair wasn't as bouncing curly, it was just flat curls which i figured would happen anyway. I sighed and walked out, going straight to the starbucks and sitting down, pulling out my phone. I mentally scolded myself when i realised i never texted lucas back. So i quickly did exactly that.