Chapter Six

I didnt know what to do, and I was cold so I walked on the side of the road when I saw a pole with my picture. I knew I could just call my mom on someone's phone. But noone was out. It was dark. I knew I needed to go somewhere to sleep. So I contined to walk and I went under a bridge and hidd myself with some branches. I fell asleep uncomfortable and cold but I found myself thinking about Lucas.

Lucas's Point of View
It was now 5:00 am and I was still up. I layed down in Maya's bed next to my sister and I couldnt sleep. I then started to think about all the stuff that has happend and what maya has been through since she got here. I now understood, Riley gave Maya trouble and Maya shook it off. But if it was any other girl they would probably cry. In fact any girl that got into drama with Riley would hide of terror but NOT maya, Maya didnt care. I never understood how or why but now I do. Maya was bullet proof, she has been through so much. But then I had a flash back of when I told Maya to apoligize. I got mad at myself. Maya was standing up for herself and I was telling her to apoligize. Then I slaped myself, again having a flashback, but this time it was when maya asked me what I wanted from her. She heard when I told Smackle, She had nothing Smackle didnt. I sat up with all these things running through my head. "What is this girl doing to me?" Lucas said almost waking up Ava.

Time Skip to Mornin
Maya's Point of View
I woke up to the sun shinning in my face. I have no idea what I looked like. I probably look terrible. I looked down at my arms and legs. They were filled with scars and bruises. I walked from under the bridge and walked to a man . " can I please use your phone?" I asked.
"uh um yea" he said lookin at my bruised arms.
I grabed his phone and dialed my moms number.

Katy's Point of View
Me and Tapanga were cooking breakfast for Lucas and Ava when my phone rung. I droped everything and ran to my phone.
"hello?!"
"momma?"
"OH MY GOSH MAYA!?" I screamed and Lucas, Tapanga and Ava looked at me.
"yes, mom please come get me."
"okay, where are you?"
"i-i dont know." I heard her asked someone and they said
"John street."
"mom did you hear?"
"yes, ill be there!"
"what?" Lucas said.
"Im going to get Maya yall wait here."
I jumped in my car. After like 15 minutes of driving I saw a blonde girl who looked like my daughter but she was all bruised. I started to tear up.
"Maya?"
"Mom!" she said as she hopped in the car.
"maya, look at you, are you okay."
"I am now." she said as she hugged me.

Lucas's Point of View
I heard the door open so I ran to the doorway. Maya looked at me and I looked at her. I saw all the brusies and scars. She still looked perfect. But she looked broken. I walked up to her and hugged her as soft as I could. "Hey shortstackes I missed you." I whispered in her ear.
She smiled "hey huckleberry."
Ava then walked up to Maya and said "are you okay?"
"yea, im fine."
"wow, Maya you look hurt.Who hurt you."
"umm lets not talk about that right now."
Maya said walking up the stairs. "where are you going?"
"Im takin a shower."
After Maya went upstairs to take a shower my mom, Ava and Katy left to the police department.
"owwww!" I heard maya scream
"MOM!" she screamed.
I ran up the stairs and into her bathroom.
"your moms gone.." I said looking at her pale cut body. She had on a bra and shorts. "Help me clean these cuts, please." I walked over to her amd she handed me a rag. I slowly wiped them one by one and she winced at the pain. "Maya, your beautiful."
She looked at me and she looked confused but then she leaned down and placed her lips on mine. I kissed back slowly but with passion. I droped the rag and picked her up as she rapped her legs around my waist. She pulled away and smiled. She then placed her nose on mine while I stared into her eyes. But the moment was ruined in less than 5 seconds. "Lucas!?" said a real annoying voice pushing the bathroom door open. How does Riley know how to ruin every moment. I slowly let Maya down,and she kinda hidd behind me trying to hide her bruised body. "oh hey maya."
"oh dont act like you didnt know I was here, its my house!" Maya replied clearly eritated.
"why are you here, Riley?" I asked.
"why are you here?"
"Because Mom, Ava and I stayed here for the night."
"why?"
"why do you care? So you can go tell the school all my business? Okay you know what fine, Since you have to know everything , I got kidnapped by my ex, who used to abuse me. There ya go,Go ahead tell the whole school. But you know what I DONT CARE what anyone says about me and I definitaly dont care what you have to say to me. So take this information and leave and what you decide to do with it is up to you!" Maya screamed, amd you could see tears in her eyes.
"Ya know I almost died, and all you want to do is ruin my life. You really have no heart." Maya said this time letting a tear fall down to her cheek.
Riley walked off and I turned around and hugged Maya. "no matter what happens, I will always be here for you."
"Thanks Ranger Rick, it means alot." she said hugging me back. We walked into her room.
"so, how do you um like my room?"
"well, Shortstackes I got one thing to say, I didnt know you were a country girl."
"well you learn something new everyday."
"Maya Hart, Would you like to go on a date with me?"
"I would love to Huckleberry"

Hope you enjoyed.
the next chapter is gonna have some huge LUCAYA moments😘
just a few more chapters and this book is done😃