Chapter 07 : Milking for All It's Worth

Aidan arrived at the camp two days later as he had told to his knights. As always, the undead seemed to be drinking ridiculous amounts of alcohol. One of the greatest mysteries he had not comprehended is how undead like skeletons and zombies, who lacked functioning organs, seemed to enjoy their drink. He shook his head at the familiar incomprehensible sight and walked to the command building.

He had just started up the steps when the doors blew open and out came a bawling Rolland who tackled Aidan down. Aidan felt disgusted as Rolland bawled into his stomach and voiced out incomprehensible words, masked by his sniveling and crying. Regaining himself, Aidan raised a hand and waved it causing Rolland to fling several feet away. Rolland sat up dumbly in surprise as he looked at his master and then began crying again.

"M-Master, sniff. Why, sniff, why did you leave me alone with that woman?" Rolland bawled out as he got back to his feet and once again tried to embrace Aidan, hoping he would save him from the Demon Woman.

Aidan saw that nothing had changed with Rolland. He was still a crybaby. Had they gotten nowhere with the fool? Aidan was extremely displeased. Even though five days was a short amount of time, he had expected some progress. However, Rolland was still acting like a spoiled child. It was nauseating.

"Orland, Bea, GET THE FUCK OUT HERE NOW!" Aidan roared as a black aura swept his body.

Rolland shivered in fear. It was his first experience seeing this side of Aidan. However, Orland and Bea walked out and seeing his countenance, they understood they were in for a world of hate. Their master was someone who preferred the use of the stick over anything. Thinking back to four years ago, they could not help but shiver.

"What is this?" Aidan spoke darkly as he pointed out the sobbing Rolland.

Orland and Bea looked at Rolland with feelings of helplessness and resignation. The boy was beyond their scope. They couldn't understand how a superior undead could be so dramatically incompetent. Most undead would have some basic knowledge imprinted upon their soul. That was how it was with them and their men from what they had recounted to one another of their births. Rolland was the single outlier breaking that norm.

"M-Master. Apologies, however, from what we understand, Little Brother here lacks the common knowledge most of us receive. Instructing him as it stands is a monumental task. I ask for your understanding," Orland said as he kneeled down and informed Aidan of his opinion.

Aidan looked at Bea who seemed to agree with Orland's analysis of Rolland and scratched his chin. It was worse than he feared. Maybe he was premature in reinforcing Rolland. As it was, he stood to lose out on tens of thousands of gold in the refinement materials and creation ritual. He wanted to cry. It was the worst investment he had made to date.

Ever the optimist, or as some would call him 'miser' he quickly thought of ways to optimize what he could get out of Rolland. Aidan looked at Orland and Bea with a cold look making them flustered. "I will leave Rolland here. You will continue to impart knowledge and get him up to your standards," Aidan said before being interrupted.

"M-Master, sniff, don't leave me," Rolland tried to plead.

Aidan coldly ignored him and cast a spell causing smoke to surround and bind Rolland. Rolland fell with a thud as Aidan continued. "I recently obtained a lot on this trip. I will be using the cave. No one is to disturb me."

"Understood!" Orland and Bea acknowledged.

Aidan left the three and walked into the command building. He took a set of stairs leading beneath into a carved out cave. Inside, Aidan walked to an iron door similar to the one back in his home. Waving his hand, the door glowed red and unlocked allowing him entrance. Walking in revealed a similar room to his workshop but on a larger scale.