Chapter 27: Arrival

"dan...Ai...Aidan!" Don's voice snapped Aidan out of his daydream.

Aidan and Don were outside on the veranda of a well-known restaurant overlooking the main street. A week since returning, Aidan had begun immersing himself in research grabbing materials from the Solace Auction House and Dark Market. From the informants of the Dark Market, Aidan had learned the Church of Lurasha was sending a contingent of Paladins from their main church to head up the investigations into the movements of undead and the curse magic used within the city.

"Huh?" Aidan spoke dumbly as he fiddled with the glass of white wine in his hand and looked up to Don.

"I was saying, do you think any cute priestesses will come?" Don spoke in a serious tone making Aidan smile helplessly.

"What of Loraine and Nessa?" Aidan questioned with a grin stumping his friend.

"W-Well..." Don stumbled for words helplessly having his weakness exploited.

"Your father isn't getting younger. How long are you gonna make him wait for his son to bring home a daughter in law?" Aidan continued amusedly as sweat dripped down Don's face. "What's wrong?" Aidan questioned seeing his friend fretting over such matters for the first time.

"Grandfather and Father have been pressing me on this recently as well. Loraine's parents came over to propose marriage," Don bemoaned.

"Don't let Loraine and Nessa hear you speak like this," Aidan motioned to the audience surrounding their table.

Don immediately understood. Given their current location, it would be hard to keep anything private. It would be best to not sound so reluctant should those two girls hear anything. It was his blessing both shared his bed and together no less. Best not ruin such fortune.

"So what brought this proposal up?" Aidan asked with interest.

"Loraine's mother caught word of our affair while she and Nessa were speaking," Don relayed him the story.

Loraine and Nessa had bonded over their common interest, Don. During one of their scandalous conversations, her mother had passed by hearing her daughter to admitting to having sexual relations with Don. Not only that, she had shared the man with Nessa and on numerous occasions at the same time.

Well, she told her husband who rushed to judgement and stormed the Markson Manor demanding Don wed their daughter. Ian and his father, Bernard, jumped at the opportunity to finally tie down this frivolous son.

"And Nessa?" Aidan spoke, noting Don's sullen expression.

"Her parents showed up later to also force a marriage. Now Father and Grandfather are deciding between the two," Don spoke in a weak tone.

Aidan smiled inwardly. How could he not know Don's sorrow was not from the future prospect of marriage but the delusion that he had to choose between one of the two.

"Why choose?" Aidan spoke with a grin.

"Huh?" Don asked dumbly.

"You could easily marry both or have you forgotten the Temple of Gracia," Aidan shook his head from side to side.

Don enlightened his friend. Though the temple was not well done, it was still recognized by all human nations within the continent. More importantly, it preached polyamory amongst its worshipers. It had been in decline due to its low position within the Pantheon of Gods recognized by humans. However, no kingdom would dismiss a marriage it conferred.

"That's..." Don was at a loss of words. He had never heard of such a goddess.

"The problem is finding a temple," Aidan reminded him.