Chapter Eight

[Chapter Eight]

The two sisters gave each other a slightly confused look. The sun had already begun to set. Lemonpaw and Starpaw padded over to the gathered clan. A few cats turned to watch the two sisters. Are we in trouble? Starpaw wondered. Lemonpaw and Starpaw had completely forgotten they took their warrior assessment and this was their ceremony.

"Starpaw, Treepaw and Lemonpaw, come forward," Winterstar meowed from his perch on Highrock. The two shecats hurried up the massive stone and Treepaw soon joined them, "Today is time we make these apprentices into warriors," When those words were said, Lemonpaw could barely contain her excitement. Starpaw was thrilled too yet, being the calmer of the two, she kept her face relaxed but her eyes said it all.

Winterstar turned to the apprentices, "Will you defend this clan even at the cost of your life?"

"Yes!" Lemonpaw meowed, her voice ringing out through camp.
"Yes," Starpaw meowed calmly yet clearly.
"Yes" Treepaw echoed.

"Then by the power Starclan granted me, I Winterstar leader of Thunderclan, will give you your warrior names. Lemonpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Lemonflower. Starclan honors your bravery and energetic spirit," Lemonflower licked his shoulder and backed up, giving Starpaw and Treepaw room. "Treepaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Treeripple. Starclan honors your intelligence and strength," Treeripple licked his shoulder and backed up, standing beside Lemonflower.

Starpaw stood there, looking at Winterstar. "Starpaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Starpool. Starclan honors your patience and willingness to learn," Starpaw licked Winterstar's shoulder. "Thunderclan welcomes you as full members,"

The crowd cheered the new warriors' names.

"Lemonflower!
Starpool!
Treeripple!
Lemonflower!
Starpool!
Treeripple!"

"Tonight, Lemonflower and Treeripple will have their vigil. Starpool will have her vigil tomorrow. Meeting dismissed," Winterstar meowed.

The three cats hopped off Highrock only to be surrounded by cats. "Congratulations Starpool, Lemonflower, Treeripple," the cats would say as they passed by.

The Thunderclan cats soon headed to their nests and Lemonflower and Treeripple went to stand guard. Starpool watched them, noticing how their fur was brushing. Is there more than friendship there? Starpool thought with a small twitch of her whiskers.

Starpool headed over to the warriors den, taking an empty nest near the entrance. Easier for me to escape, she thought.

More warriors soon filled the den. A few shared tounges while others began some small chat.

"Congratulations, Starpool," Witheringlight purred. She had moved her nest next to Starpool, "I'm looking forward to going on patrols with you," Witheringlight added with a yawn. Starpool just nodded, giving her a small smile. As time passed, warriors began to sleep while Starpool was wide awake. Oh Starclan, I know this is wrong but, it's just an apology meeting? She thought yet she already knew there was a chance it wouldn't be a one-time meeting. Starpool looked out of the den and at the stars. They seemed to be shining brighter than before.
-----------------------------
A/N: Hey! I thought it might be time to show the family tree, so, it won't be confusing. It will be updated as the story continues! C:

Key:
* = Female
Blank Square= Male
Underlined= Alive
Filled Square= Dead
~ = Half Siblings
^ = Full-blooded siblings
¤ = Offspring

Key:* = FemaleBlank Square= MaleUnderlined= AliveFilled Square= Dead~ = Half Siblings^ = Full-blooded siblings¤ = Offspring

(In between Black and Willow, its supposed to look like this:

Blackice + Willowcloud *)

Anyway......

May you find shelter where you sleep, swift hunting and guidance from the stars,
~Crystal