Chapter 1

READ THE FIRST BOOKS TO THIS SERIES

Ellen's POV

I woke up to my alarm for school. I've been the "popular girl" ever since I started sophomore year, and now I was a junior and 17 years old. As I put on my usual white V-neck tee with black leggings and a leather jacket, I thought about how much my reputation meant to me. I put my dark hair into a side braid and put on my black lipstick. I wasn't goth. I just preferred the look. I dug into one of the pockets of my jacket and took out my cigarettes that some seniors had bought for me. I lit the stick, inhaling the smoke and blowing it out.
"Ellen!" I recognized the figure of my mother, Jane Rizzoli. She sounded angry so I blew some of the smoke in her face. "Don't you ever do that again! Do you understand!?" I rolled my eyes.
She pulled the cigarette out of my hand and dug through my pockets to find the package.
"Ma, FUCK OFF." I replied as I rolled my eyes. She stopped what she was doing and went up close to my face, glaring into my eyes.
"Don't talk to me like that." Her voice was stern and intimidating. I bit my lower lip, staring right back into her fierce brown eyes. "Get to school." She took my cigarettes and I rolled my eyes again, grumbling.

She thinks she's the boss of me.

I grabbed my bag and went outside to wait for Melony, my best friend, who was driving me to school since I got my car taken away for drinking alcohol. She pulled up and I got in. "Hey, What's up El?"
"I swear I'm going to kill Ma. She's acting like I'm a baby." I rolled my eyes and took out my phone.
"What'd she do?" Melony looked at me.
"She took my cigarettes away, and when I told her to fuck off, she got pissed."
Melony laughed, "Well she's just been a bitch lately. How about your Mom?" I sighed.
"My Mom took Leah up to Boston for a few days. She wanted to see my grandmother and Hannah's family. I'm stuck with my mother Jane Rizzoli for a few days." It was silent for a few minutes before I got a text. "Yo Mel, I just got a text from that hot senior, Jake..? Anyways, there's going to be a party and he wants us to come." I looked at my best friend who was dressed almost the same as me.
"When is it?"
"Tomorrow night I'm guessing, since it's Friday." I responded.
"I'm in. Are you going to need a lift?" Melony asked me, and I nodded laughing.
"Yeah, I probably will. My lame ass Ma won't give me my car back so a ride would be great."
"Alright then, it's a deal." We pulled into our high school parking lot and got out to go to our class.