Chapter 30

Ellen Pov

     Lucky for me, Sadie arrived at my house fairly quickly. This left little awkwardness of Melony and I being alone.
     "Ellen! I brought chips and creamcheese!" Sadie let herself in with a laugh, and I couldn't help myself from smiling. Chips and creamcheese was one of our favorite snack.
     Melony looked at me in confusion as Sadie came in the kitchen where we were.
"Oh hi." Melony quietly said to Sadie, obviously uncomfortable.
     "Hey." Sadie replied and greeted me with a kiss.
     After a about an hour of doing nothing, Melony spoke up. "Ellen, can I take a shower?" She looked at me, and I shifted with uneasiness at what I was about to ask her.
     "Depends, were you sexually assulted today when I found you?" My eyes locked with hers and she immediately looked down.
"...what?" Her voice was shaky.
     "Were you?" I asked again before continuing.
"If you were, in order to file charges that he was the one assaulting you, you would need rock solid evidence. DNA doesn't lie."
     "Okay..." Melony was struggling not to cry, and I didn't exactly know what to do. I knew that she had definitely had sex with Tommy, whether it was forced or not.
"Just wait till my Ma and Mom get home." I briefly said, looking at the clock. They would be home soon, they weren't called in for a murder, so they were probably just doing paper work or something.
     Melony nodded and took out her phone and just kinda held it, as if she was going to do something on it. Sadie was obviously a little unsure of what to do. She barely even knows Melony. In a way, I just wanted to go to sleep, with my girlfriend in my arms, but I couldn't right now. I had to wait for my parents to come home.
     "Do you guys want anything to drink or eat?" I looked at the girls and Melony shook her head, while Sadie looked at the now empty chip bag, and laughed sadly.
"Maybe something healthy." She threw the bag away, as I handed her an apple to eat. I gestured to come into the living room, where my ex best friend sat on the couch, and Sadie sat on my lap on the armchair. We flicked through channels for a while, finally settling on some cliche reality show.
     We watched in silence for a while, until my parents had come home. I moved Sadie off my lap and went to talk to Ma and Mom.
     "Hi honey, how are you?" Mom smiled sweetly and I smiled back.
"Umm, actually I found Melony today. I told her to talk to you guys... she's in the living room." I quietly said, shifting my weight.
     "Oh..?" Ma looked at me, before looking at Mom.
     "She was in a relationship with Tommy. You know, that awfully behaved kid?" I searched the faces of my parents. I must've told them about him before.
"You mentioned him once, I think." Ma finally said.
     "Why is she here though?" Mom asked.
     I explained the story to them and they both were almost unsure of what to do.
"And she had sex with him is all I know. I asked of she was assulted and she just kinda looked down." I finished, and the two women went into the living room.