Chapter 26

Jane Pov

     The day went by slowly, Maura was trying to sleep and Ellen and Sadie were still sleeping. I wondered what Maura wanted me to do. I wandered down the hall to check on Ellen and Sadie.
     Ellen was awake and smiled at me as she looked up from her phone.
"Hey Ma, what's up?"
"Hey Ellen, I just want to let you know that Mom isn't feeling well." I smiled back at my daughter before leaving the room.
     It was finally becoming a little later in the evening and I took a quick shower before heading into my bedroom, with Maura.
     As I walked in, she was in the middle of putting her pajamas on. She was peeling off her shirt, revealing her bra. I smiled as I shut the door behind me. Maura grinned slightly as she came up to me.
     "Well you look sexy." I laughed lightly, before kissing her lips gently, allowing my hands to wrap around her midsection.
She led me over to our mattress and took my clothes off. I kissed her some more.
"Feeling better, I see." I murmered jokingly and she smiled, before looking directly into my eyes.
"What's wrong baby doll?" I stroked her face and she scrunched her forehead.
     "Jane, remember when I said I needed you to do something today?" Her eyes searched mine and I nodded.
She took a deep breath. Her voice was starting to shake.
"I...I need you to hold me down after you take off the rest of my clothes." Maura looked at me with anxious eyes.
     I was confused, I wasn't sure why she wanted this. She was obviously nervous about it.
"Maur are you sure-"
"Please Jane?" She cut me off and had plead in her voice.
     I sighed as I continued to passionately run my lips against hers, taking the rest of the cloth on her body, off. I still had my bra and underwear on, so she was completely naked, while I was covered.
     She was already trembling, as she knew what was coming. I kissed her some more while allowing my one hand to travel up her leg. Goosebumps went up her body.
     My other hand, took her wrists and held them together, as I pushed her arms above her head, holding her down. She looked at me with fear, and I felt guilty.
     Every bit of what I was doing felt forced and I wasn't sure what to do. Maura's kiss had become dull and I seperated myself from her, continuing to hold her down.
     I sat up and looked at her before releasing her arms.
"Maura, why are you doing this to yourself?" My eyes met hers, and she sat up and curled herself into a ball, her knees clutched tight against her chest.
     I pushed her chin up and fixed her gaze to me.
"Maur?" My voice was gentle and quiet as I waited for a reponse.
     "I need to get over it. I need to move on with my life. It's been years since everything happened to me." My wife looked at me with sadness and fear in her eyes.
     I sighed.
"Maura, I don't think it's something that you can easily get over. No matter how long it's been. Forcing yourself to go through something that is uncomfortable for you, isn't fair." I stroked my thumb on her face and she blankly stared at me.
     "What are you thinking about?" Both of us were still undressed, her more than me. She looked up at me and shrugged her shoulders.
     I continued to just watch her, eventually bringing her body into a warm embrace. She started to sob lightly.
As she clutched my body, I ran my fingers through her hair.
     "You'll be alright." I cooed to her and she nodded slightly.
This was difficult for her still. After she had finally become comfortable in her own body again, she slowly became more confident.
     Apparently, confidence wasn't enough to keep the nightmares away. If she wanted to get over it, and wanted my help, I'd help her.
     She had stopped crying and looked at me. I wondered what she was thinking. She leaned over toward the lamp and turned it out, leaving only a dim night light on. I layed down and she joined me, before playing with the waistline of my underwear.
     "Maur, I'll do whatever you need me to do, okay?" I whispered before leaning over and grabbing the robe that was laying on the matress. I handed it to her and she put it on, convering her body.
     "Okay Jane." She peeled my bra and panties off, her eyes taking in my body.
     "You are so pretty." She muttered as she took our comforter and pulled it over ourselves.
     "I love you." I whispered before kissing her forehead. She wrapped her arms around my naked body and clutched to my skin. I held her close to me in general and we fell asleep, entangled in eachother's bodies.

~

I woke up to sounds of sobbing. Maura was still asleep and it wasn't her.

Ellen.

     I got out of bed and threw on some sleepwear before going out to find Ellen. Sadie was still here. Where was she?
     I followed the crying to the bathroom and knocked gently on the door.
     "Ellen...? Honey it's just me." I quietly said through the door. I discovered it was unlocked and allowed myself to enter, shutting the door behind me.
     She was sitting against the wall, and looked up at me, with distress in her eyes. I frowned and sat down next to her.
"What happened Honey?" I wrapped my arm around her and she leaned into my body while sobbing some more.
     "My dad..." she looked up at me for comfort and I squeezed her tightly.
The memories were still there from when she was young. They resurfaced in her brain.
     "I know Ellen...I know." I shifted and she leaned her head against my shoulder.
     "I don't understand Ma. For someone who was supposed to love me.... why did he do that?" She held onto my body and I sighed.
     "I don't know El. I'm just glad that I got you out of that situation. Do you remember that? You had a broken ankle and all you wanted was chicken nuggets?" I laughed softly and she smiled.
     "I don't really remember that. I remember debating whether or not I could trust you." Ellen sniffed and laughed lightly while continuing to huddle close to me.
     "That was a scary day for you. You were so little." I smiled and then looked glanced at my daughter.
"Mom is enrolling you in therapy tomorrow. I just thought that you should know." I whispered and felt her body tense.
"I don't want to go." She whispered back to me.
     "I know you don't but it's going to happen. You'll be glad you did it when you are older. Trust me." I stroked her hair and she shrugged. We sat on the bathroom floor for a while until she fell asleep on my chest. I didn't mind and eventually fell back asleep as well.