Chapter 32

Kate Pov

     I drove over to Jane and Maura's house to pick up one of their daughter's old friends.
I pulled in the driveway and went into their house.
     "Kate, hi!" I was greeted by my twin with a smile.
"Hey, Maura." I looked around and saw a dark haired teenage girl, hugging her knees to her chest.
     "You must be Melony. I'm Kate." I smiled at the girl and she briefly smiled back.
"Jane brought Ellen and Sadie to Sadie's house. She will be back soon." Maura mentioned and I nodded.
     "Do you want to go to your house to get some of your things?" I asked Melony and she nodded and silently stood up. She had a bruise on her face and she looked tired.
     "My car is out front, I just have to talk to Maura for a moment." I smiled again and she went out the front.
     "Thanks for taking her Kate." Maura said.
"It's not an issue, why did her parents just leave?"
Maura sighed and briefly laughed.
"She was like Ellen. Kind of a  handful.
     "Is she alright though? Jane told me most of the story, but she looks like a mess." I was genuinely concerned.
"Mental stability? I don't know, and I'm not going to jump to conclusions on it. I don't know much about her body though, other than the bruise on her face, and that she was sexually active."
Maura replied.
     We talked for a little longer, before I left to go back to my house, with Melony.
...
Maura Pov

     I was home by myself, for a little while until Jane got back. I decided to take a shower and heard my wife come into the house.
     "Maura! I brought dinner!" Jane yelled across the house and I yelled back.
"In the shower Tootsie, I'll be out soon!" The bathroom door creaked open and my eyes took in the silhouette of Jane through the glass.
     I heard her giggle as she bent over and put her hair in a bun.
"Hey babydoll, can I join?"
     I laughed, "I guess since you're already undressing yourself, you might as well." Even though I had already finished washing myself off, I let my dark haired wife in.
     "You look ridiculous with that bun." I laughed uncontrollably as I reached up and took out her hair so her long curls would fall over her shoulders. She had a small smile on her face that showed her dimpled cheeks.
     She had started to laugh too and had met my lips as we stood in the shower.
     "I love you Maur." She whispered as she pushed my wet hair out of my face.
"I love you too." I smiled and embraced her naked body. She hugged me back and turned the water off. I had suddenly felt a wave of emotion, after thinking about my conversation with Melony. I started to sob in Jane's arms.
     "Babydoll..?" Jane asked as we stepped out of the shower and dried off.
"Jane, why are younger girls so much stronger than me?" I wrapped my arms around my wife again. I couldn't figure out why I was always so fragile, but Ellen, she was strong, she didn't let what happened to her bring her down. Melony even seemed stronger than me. So did Sadie.
     "Babydoll, what happened to you was a disastrous event that wouldn't end. You are strong. You've been sexually assulted and beaten several times. There is nothing wrong with you." Jane held me close against her.
"I love you." I whispered, clinging to my wife.
     She kissed my head before saying, "What can I do?"
I sighed. I wanted her to help me through what I've been through by having her do things to me that trigger my anxiety. She felt horrible about last time though.
     I looked up at her and she seemed to read my mind as she she frowned a bit before whispering, "Okay."
....
Jane Pov

     I knew what Maura wanted me to do, and even though I didn't agree to it, it was what she wanted. It risked the chance of ruining the love we made together. Having that burden with me was on the stressful side of things.
     We stood in the bathroom for a while, Maura's head was resting on my bare chest. I shifted my weight and opened the bathroom door so we could go lay down. I picked her up so that her legs were wrapped around my hips. My lips met hers again, and she whimpered slightly.
     She pushed me onto my back when we got onto our bed and looked into my eyes before releasing my shoulders and crawling off me.
Without saying a word, she layed on her side with her back facing me.
     "Maura, babygirl, you okay?" I traced my finger along her back. She shrugged her shoulders and pulled the blanket up over her body, covering herself. It had started to get late anyway, and Leah was at her friend's for the night. I pulled some blanket over my own body and fell into a light sleep, wondering why she got all weird suddenly.