Chapter 6

Ellen Pov

     The nightmare was pretty frightening and I was surprised to wake up to Ma making sure that I was okay.
     I dreamed that I came home from school and my family was dead. Everyone. Ma, Mom, and Leah. It was pretty terrifying so it actually made me feel better to wake up to Ma's face.
     I took out my phone to text my sister Leah.

You up?

She didn't respond right away but after a minute I got a response.

Yea

I was happy that she was awake.

I just had a really bad dream and wanted to make sure you were okay...

Lol Ellen don't worry I'm fine. Thea says hi btw

I smiled a little bit. I missed Thea.

Tell her I say hi and I miss her. I wish I had gone with you. I got suspended from school.

Ellen! I can't believe you got suspended!

Yeah Whatever. I don't really care.

I would if I were you but I've never been in trouble so I never had to worry about something like that lol.

Yeah i used to be like you. Not really anymore. Good night now.

Goodnight Ellen, talk to you tomorrow.

     I put my phone away and went back to sleep knowing that she was okay.
~
     I woke up late the next morning. I checked the time and it was almost 10:30. I had slept for an extremely long time.
17 hours at least. I guess I just needed to sleep. I sat up and saw the washcloth that Ma had put on my nightstand.
     I stood up and put my sweatshirt over my sports bra that I had slept in and went out to the kitchen to find a note from Ma that said:
Ellen, there is waffles and bagels to eat for breakfast if you are hungry. I went for a jog. Be back soon.
-Ma

     I went into the fridge and toasted myself a bagel and put peanut butter on it. As I was eating, I went back on snapchat to see 20 snaps from Mel. All asking where I was and if I was ready for tonight.
     I replied to her and turned on the television. I heard my Ma get back and she smiled gently in greeting.
     "Feeling better?"
"Yeah. I fell back asleep last night."
"Good." She took an apple and started to eat it.
     "Did you eat?" She glanced at me.
     "Yeah I did thanks." I stood up to get dressed so I was in fresh clothes. I put my leggings and a t-shirt on and put my hair in its usual side braid. I didn't bother putting makeup on. I'll put some on before I sneak out to the party tonight.
     I went back on my phone checking social media. I didn't realize how bored I would be when I wasn't in school. The rest of the day went by pretty slowly and I even was bored enough to go grocery shopping for Ma while she picked up some appliances she needed for the house.
     Soon enough, Melony was out of school and already texting me about tonight. Ma came in and sat down.
     "Hey El?" She looked at me.
"Yeah?" I glanced up at her.
     "You've been a good help today and if you still want to go to that party. I'm going to let you." She had a small smile.
I grinned.
"Really?" I wasn't sure if she was being serious.
     "Yes really. Just be home no later than 11:30 please." She had hope in her eyes as if she was hoping that I would listen to her.
"Okay. I will..." I paused.
"Thank you." I smiled and Ma nodded as I excitedly texted Mel. I then went to my room to get ready to go out.