Chapter 21

Maura Pov

     After Jane left to go give Leah her things, I checked on Ellen again. I had been in her position at one point. It was awful. She's holding it together very well though. Worry filled my mind, as I never knew what she was thinking.
     I went over to her side and she woke up at my presence.
"Mom..." She whispered. I smiled as I ran my hand along her beaten face.
"I'm really worried about you honey." My eyes searched hers and she closed her eyes again.
"I'm okay Mom. Can you get me my headphones?" She gestured toward her dresser and I stood up and got them.
"Thanks." She plugged them in before turning on music.
I kissed her forehead and let her be.
     It was about seven in the evening and starting to get dark out so I went into mine and Jane's bedroom and put on a robe, over my lace bra and underwear.
I didn't bother to tie it so I just sat on the bed, reviewing over an autopsy that was in a current investigation.
     "Hey Maur, what are you reading?" Jane walked in and looked over my body. Her voice went quiet as she asked the question.
"Just an autopsy report that Ducky sent over to me." I put it down and smiled.
We hadn't seen much of eachother's body in a while because of the way Ellen was acting. To much stress on the both of us.
It had been over a year since we made love.
     Jane continued to look at me and stumbled while taking her shoes off. I laughed and turned off the fan light, leaving only the dim lamp on. She took her clothes off before throwing on a giant t-shirt. She crawled up on the bed where I was sitting cross cross. I continued to smile and she took her hands and pushed me on my back, allowing the robe to fall under me, and revealing the lace lingerie.
     "Been a while, hasn't it?" Jane muttered before allowing her lips to meet mine.
I nodded slowly while my hands went up her shirt, gripping her slim body, continuing to kiss her.
When we seperated, Jane's dark curls continued to fall over her face and on my body. My wife's eyes met mine and she smiled before digging her hands under me, unclipping the clasp of the bra that I had and pulling it off.
     "Good thing we locked the door." I whispered raspily in Jane's ear and she grinned before running her hands along my body.
...
Jane Pov

     Maura had me completely aroused as I continued to kiss her neck. It had been so long.
"Why are you so beautiful?" I grunted as I moved up to her lips as we started passionately making out again.
     "Mm." She responded because she couldn't speak as our lips were tightly enclosed in eachother's. Her nails dug into my skin as she held her grip on my body. I felt her start to pull my shirt off. Which I went with. I was in my bra and underwear now, and she was only in panties as I stopped kissing her and sat up for a moment.
      "Whats wrong Tootsie?" Maura sounded concerned and disappointed at the same time.
I looked at her before tracing my finger on the large scar along the center of her breasts that had been there because of Mike Zaul. And then the other one along her abdomen. There were multiple other scars that were small but those two, she had to look at everyday. She was an amazing woman.
     "You're beautiful. Do you know that?" I looked at the anxious eyes of my wife who was now sitting up.
"I don't want to ever go through Mike, Ian, or Beth ever again." She whispered before leaning into my mostly nude body. I kissed her head.
"I know baby doll." I whispered back to her as I felt her arms wrap around my body for a brief second, and play with the hook on my bra.
     She finally unhooked it and went back to my lips as her hands leaned up right against my breasts, causing a small whimper out of me.
     Maura giggled as her hands left my chest and went down to my underwear, where she briefly played with the waistline, causing me to tremble and kiss her some more as she fondled with the elastic.
     "Maur, you're killing me." I mumbled when I seperated from her lips.
"Good." She kissed my neck and pushed my shoulders so I was laying on my back. My hands reached her hips as she allowed her lace Victoria Secret panties to be slid off of her body.
     We ended up under the covers, while Maura was still playing with the waistline of my underwear. The touch of her hands against my body was just enough to make me crazy. Some love just never died.
"Want it off?" She whispered as I was now panting and sweating.
My eyes widened and I nodded briskly as my blonde wife finally slid the fabric off of my body.
     "There you go Janie Bear." Maura whispered deceivingly.
I laughed. She had never called me 'Janie Bear' and it was pretty funny to hear it come out of her usually scientific mouth.
We fumbled around for a while as the night went on, until both of us finally fell asleep from exhaustion.