Chapter 27

Ellen Pov

     The next few months stayed pretty easy. I ended up staying the most popular kid, I was raising my grades, and Sadie was in my life. Her parents had found a house that was only a few minutes away from me.
     Summer had started and since I've been in therapy, I needed something to do in my free time that wasn't always partying. I really hadn't gone to as many parties since I ran away. I didn't want to ruin the relationship that I was rebuilding with Ma and Mom right now.
     As much as I hated talking about my past, I was almost grateful that my parents forced me to go. It made talking to Sadie, the girl I loved, about it a little easier. She was over all the time. I finally got my license and bought myself a pickup truck.
     I worked at a deli, which wasn't terrible, but it can get boring at times. Sadie was coming over to my house that night.
She was upset over the phone and I couldn't figure out why. I anxiously sat on my porch in the sunlight.
     "Ellen, Ma wants to know if you're staying for dinner." My younger sister opened the front door and peered out.
I turned and smiled.
"No thanks Leah. Not tonight. Let Ma know that I'm going out when Sadie gets here." She nodded and when she went back into the house, I saw my girlfriend walking down my street.

Why was she walking?

     "Sadie!" I called her name and her distraught face met mine and she came jogging over. I took her in my arms and held her in an embrace.
     "What happened? And why didn't your parents drive you, or why didn't you call me to pick you up?" I asked gently as we parted from the embrace.
     "I just wanted to walk. And can we talk about something different? Please?" Her voice was shaky and I wanted to know what happened, but also didn't push the subject.
     "Okay, c'mon. Let's go for a drive then. Are you hungry?" I squeezed her hand and she shook her head.
We climbed into my truck and drove for a while. She was upset about something. She seemed hunched over in a way, as if she needed to protect herself.
     "Hey." I gently placed my hand on her thigh as I parked the truck some field, in the middle of  nowhere.
She looked at me as I climbed out. I went to the passenger side, opened it, and scooped her up, like a Prince would carry his princess.
     Still carrying her, I climbed carefully into the rear-bed of my truck. There was a blanket that was in there, layed out, and we sat on it, looking out at what was now, the night sky.
     Sadie leaned her head against my shoulder, as my arm wrapped around her waist.
She clung to my arm, and I looked down and lifted her chin up gently with my fingers.
     "Sadie, what happened?" I looked at her blue eyes.
Instead of answering me, she looked down and shrugged.
"Did someone hurt you?" My voice was a little sterner and she nodded slightly.
I sighed and pulled her into my body. She reached her lips to mine and I returned, allowing my hand to cup her face.
     She grasped my body, her nails, digging through my thin shirt and into my skin. I had fallen onto my back now and she had her hands tracing my bra line through my shirt. She mumbled something that I couldn't understand.
     Her hands made her way under my shirt, and I knew what she was doing. I held her hands in place for a moment and broke our kiss.
Confusion was in her eyes.
"Are you sure you want to do this Sadie?" I didn't want to rush something on her.
     "Yes Ellen. I'm ready." She whispered while searching my eyes.
"Okay then." I smiled deviously and she grinned back at me.
I took it slow incase she backed out. She led my hands onto her hips while sliding the shirt off my body.
     She had a flannel button down tank top on, and I slowly unbuttoned it, revealing her white bra. I leaned up and kissed her neck softly, and felt her body shudder. I wasn't going any further unless she wanted me to.
     This was our first time, and my first time with someone I actually loved. I had been molested by my father, had a one night stand on the night I ran away, and then became a prostitute. It was all just sex. None of it was what people would know as 'making love'.
     My lips met Sadie's again and I could tell she was unsure of what to do, as I sat up, with her wedged between my legs. I rested my hands on her hips as she leaned against my chest with her head for a few minutes.
     Both of us were still decent, and had our bras and pants still. I didn't want to push it with her because I liked what we had. Her fingers fumbled with my waistline and I could sense thst she was debating whether or not to do it.
     "We don't have to do this tonight Sades." I whispered to my girlfriend, who smiled at her nickname.
"Okay." She looked at me and pushed me against a wall of the back of the truck before kissing me again. I slowly reached my hand behind her, playing with the bra clasp. She wedged her body deep into me, while we were kissing and I took the risk and unhooked it. She shivered from sensation and reached behind me and unhooked mine. I pushed her down on her back and kissed down her body, as she whimpered my name with a laugh.
     Since we we had our pants still on, I traced my finger along her inner thigh. I felt her shake and her back arch, as she smiled under my lips. We fooled around for a while like this, and eventually just fell asleep in the rear-bed of my truck, entangled in eachother's arms.