Chapter 12

Ellen Pov

     Sadie and I had woken up late. There was something strange about this girl. I actually really enjoyed her company. Almost more than I enjoyed Mel's. I cared about her well being.
Both of us had a rough night last night and kinda just hobbled out of bed.
     "You still up for shopping today?" I stretched as I put on dirty clothes and handed her some.
     "Yeah. I could use some." She laughed.
     "I was staying in a hidden shack. Could we stop by so I can get my one other pair?" She asked me and I nodded.
     "Sure." We turned on the TV while getting dressed. I turned on the channel that my parents would be watching.
     "There is a seventeen year old girl missing. Ellen Rizzoli-Isles. If anyone has information please call the police." The news broadcaster read and Sadie's eyes widened.
"That's you!" She looked at my angry face.
     I sighed grudgingly and nodded.
"My parents sent out a missing reports. Honestly like why can't they just let me be." I rolled my eyes and Sadie smiled sadly.
"They care about you."
     I looked at her and tilted my head. I really liked this girl.
She made it hard to act like the normal bitch I usually was.
     "I'm starting to miss my parents. I hitch hiked all the way here." Sadie sighed and sat on the bed before covering her face. I sat next to her and wrapped my arm around her waist.
"You'll be okay." She nodded and stood up.
     "Ready to go shopping?"
I nodded and we locked my hotel and went out.
     "What kind of clothes do you wear?" I asked Sadie as we pulled up to a mall.
     "Mainly skinny jeans and those tightish V-necks."
I smiled and responded,
"As you can see, I usually only wear white Vnecks and black leggings. Not to mention my leather jacket." I winked and she giggled while we walked into a store.
     She immediately went to a rack and pulled out some things to try on while I went to my usual. She came over to me and poked me.
     "You should try these." She handed me black skinny jeans with a light pink shirt. I didn't really want to but I did it for her.   
Why did I care so much about her?

     I agreed and went into a changing room and came back out and looked in the mirror. It actually made me look nice. My dark hair complemented nicely with it.
     "You look great in that!" Sadie grinned.
     "Yeah, I guess I do." I laughed and took it off so I could buy it. 
     We each bought a couple outfits and went to the shack that Sadie was originally staying at to get the rest of the few things she had.
...
Maura Pov

     Jane is still a mess and she isn't taking care of herself which isn't healthy at all. She keeps reassuring Leah and I that it will be okay. We aren't even asking her about it because she is the one that needs the reassurance.
    She keeps blaming herself and it hurts me already to know that Ellen is missing. Seeing Jane so distressed makes me even more upset about the whole situation.
     Jane looked at me.
"I'm going to try her cell again." She took out her phone and dialed. I heard it go straight to voicemail.
     Jane's voice was shaky.
"Hi Ellen it's Ma." She took a deep breath.
"Please call me-" she couldn't even finish her sentence before breaking down in tears and stuttering through the phrase, "I love you honey, bye now."
     She hung up the phone and fell apart again. I went over and sat with her, and she took my hand and squeezed it ever so often. I didn't mind, as long as it helped her feel better.
     "Maur, what if something awful happened to her?" She looked at me and looked at her scarred hands from Hoyt from years ago.
She sighed.
     "I do my best to keep everyone I can safe and I can't even protect my own daughter. It's been three days Maura! She left late Friday and it's Monday."
     I leaned my head against her body before taking her hand back in mine again.
     "I'm worried too Jane. Extremely worried actually. I'm keeping myself together for you though. It'll be alright. No matter what happens."
     Jane nodded and she really needed to sleep so I helped her up and led her to our bed.
Leah was supposed to go to school today but Jane wanted her home, so she stayed home. I went in Leah's room and sat on her bed next to her. She was on her computer doing some of her online schoolwork.
     "Hey Mom."
"Hey sweetie, how are you?"
She looked at me and cocked her head a little.
     "I am concerned about Ellen." She leaned into my body and I embraced her with my arms and kissed the top of her head.
    "Ma is a mess right now. I told her to go sleep a little so I'm going to go lay down with her if you need me. Okay?"
     I let go of Leah and she smiled and nodded before going back to her work.  I closed the door behind me from leaving her room and went to join Jane. I walked in and she was just kinda laying there.
     She wasn't asleep and she looked at me with worry in her eyes. I climbed next to her and wrapped my arm under her so I could hold her body close to mine.
     We hadn't really been that intimate in a while since Ellen started acting all rough and tough. It had been over a year since we last made full on love. It was tough because some nights were spent just talking about what was going to happen to her. I sighed and Jane rolled over in my arms so that she was facing me.
     Our noses were touching and I searched Jane's eyes, trying to find out what she was thinking.
     "I miss Ellen." Jane closed her eyes trying not to cry.
     "So do I Tootsie." I whispered sadly back to her.
     She crunched her brow as if she was thinking and started to speak again.
    "What if something awful happened? What if she is afraid to pick up the phone or even turn it on?" She was trembling a bit again and I removed my arms  from her body and gently stroked her face with one of my hands.
     "Do you want to sleep for a little while?" I smiled sadly and kissed her gently before she nodded.
     I sat up and motioned for her to take her shirt off. She did and layed back down on her stomach.
     I sat on her again and started rolling my fists on her back. Her body relaxed and the tension in her back seized.
     After a while, I carefully climbed off and gently put her shirt back on in case Leah came in. I kissed her forehead before leaving her to sleep.