Chapter 19

Ellen Pov

     There I was, cold and alone. Bruises ran across my body as I sat in the corner, hoping someone would come. It was hell as I was passed around. Eric came back and smirked as he smacked me around some more.
~
     "Ellen?" I was woken up by Ma. She had a concerned look on her face.
I wrapped my arms around her comforting body and she returned the embrace.
     "Can we go home?" I looked at her and she nodded.
"Yes. I'll check you out and you can say bye to Sadie. Okay?" She stood up and I became sad at the thought of having to leave Sadie. She came back and gave me a fresh pair of clothes that she had brought with her. She helped me put them on since it hurt to really do anything. I would have to go to my OB and I didn't mind them but this would be interesting to explain.
    I leaned against Ma's shoulder as she wrapped her arm around my hip as we walked to Sadie's hospital room.
"Ellen!" She looked at me and smiled.
"These are my parents." She gestured toward the two women. One was smiling while the other seemed unhappy.
"Hi, nice to meet you." I greeted them and sat next to Sadie.
     "I'm going to go home. I need to go home." I said to her and a look of disappointment spread across her bruised face.
I smiled sadly before saying, "I didn't forget about our date though." I whispered before I winked, and a small smile formed on her face. I stood up and kissed her forehead. I didn't care if my Ma or her parents were surprised or wanted to question us. I stood up and said goodbye one last time before leaning against Ma to go home.
     "Can we stop at my hotel so I can get our things?" I asked and Ma nodded. I gave her directions and she pulled into the hotel.
I carefully got out before going up and collecting both mine and Sadie's belongings. I gave the bag to Ma as I texted Sadie from my regular phone. I'd give Sadie her things the next time I saw her. Instead of catching a flight, Ma and I took my car and drove home. It was going to take a few days but as long as I was safe and comfortable, I was okay.