Chapter 16:

"Were not pets!" Hisses a female werewolf.

"Well you are to me" says Blaze.

The female werewolf growls.

"Anyway thanks for coming guys" says Mike.

"Anything for the alphas" says another werewolf.

The werewolfs head back inside. Mike turns to Katie.

"What were you trying to do?" Asks Mike.

"I was going to kill him, but you came to the unwanted rescue" says Katie.

"Kill him?" Repeats Mike.

"Yes" says Katie.

"Okay then........" Says Mike turning towards the doors "remind me not to get in your way".

Katie smiles and follows Mike.

"Trust me you don't want to get in my way" says Katie laughing.

"I won't try to" says Mike.

Mike takes Katie's hand in his and they walk to their next classes. Katie enters the girls change room and changes with the other girls in her class.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Katie walks out of the girls change room and heads for her locker. Katie sees no-one of interest to her when walking to witchcraft class. She enters the class and sits down.

"Today we will be working on getting familiars" says the teacher "now with this you will be given a big choosing of animals, let's get going".

Everyone follows the teacher outside and sees almost every animal in the world running around. The teacher calls for her familiar and asks the familiar to call the animals running around to stand in a line. The teachers familiar does what the teacher asks. The animals line up.

"Now students, these animals have volunteered to be picked by you guys" says the teacher walking among the animals.

"Volunteered?" Asks a boy with black hair and blue eyes.

"Yes" says the teacher "go ahead students! Pick your familiar!".

All the students walk over to the animals and scope them out.

"How will we know if the animal will be our familiar?" Asks a girl with blond hair and brown eyes.

"You will most likely feel.....a bond with that animal" says the teacher.

Katie and Ashley walk up to the teacher.

"We already have our familiar" says Katie "what would you like us to do".

"Hmmmm.....Ashley, maybe you could help the other students find their familiar and Katie, you can help Blaze find his" says the teacher.

Ashley goes into the crowd of students and asks around if anyone needs help. Katie walks over to Blaze, who is looking at a male lion.

"You going to pick the lion?" Asks Katie standing beside Blaze.

"I don't know, I don't feel anything that would pull me towards him" says Blaze thinking.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Now students spread yourself's out. We will use the time we have left to partly train your familiars" says the teacher.

Katie calls on Fang while Ashley calls on Flyo. Fang appears first and lands behind Katie, Flyo lands on Ashley's shoulder. All the students near Katie freeze in there spot and stare at Fang hanging over Katie's head, wings stretched out.

"Katie, if you wouldn't mind coming up here" says the teacher gesturing beside herself.

Katie walks up, through the students with Fang close behind her but her wings are tucked in. Now all the students are staring at Fang in disbelief.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That. Was. Awesome!" Says Ashley throwing her hands in the air.

"That's just the tip of the spell"
Says Katie smiling.

"Really" says Ashley looking at Katie with one eyebrow up.

Katie laughs and Ashley rolls her eyes. Mike comes walking towards them.

"What's so funny?" Says Mike.

"You wouldn't get it" says Katie.

"Hey guys" says Jace coming up behind Mike.

"Woah who is this person? We haven't seen you in awhile" says Ashley.

"Yeah...I've been caught up in some stuff" says Jace looking away.

"What kind of stuff?" Asks Katie "girls maybe?".

"N-no!" Says Jace blushing.

"Ooooo who is it" says Ashley.

"It's nothing trust me" says Jace looking down.

All of a sudden a girl with long red hair and black eyes comes up behind Jace and puts her arms around his neck.

"Hello Jacey~poo!" The girl says.

Katie, Ashley, and Mike all smile while Jace keeps his head down but forces a smile.

"Hi Sapphire" says Jace turning to face the girl.

Katie notices something on the girl's neck.

"Are those...bite marks?" Katie asks herself.

Katie looks at Mike who seems to have noticed the thing on the girls neck.

"Jace did you.....bite her?" Asks Mike looking at Jace in astonishment.

The girl drops her hands and puts one hand over the thing on her neck and looks down with her hair falling over her face, covering it. Jace looks down as well.