Chapter 23:

"Want to go on a date this weekend?" Mike asked Katie as they walked down the hall.

"Sure, where we going?" She responded.

"I don't know yet" he answered her.

"You better find out soon" she said.

She kissed his cheek then headed for her first class.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Katie walked to the table with all of her friends seated and chatting, then sat down next to Mike. She chimed in to the conversation at the table.

"Did you guys hear what happened to Sapphire?" Ashley asks' the group.

"No" says Katie and Mike together.

"On the side of a road was her body and a note, it said "I'm sorry Jace, I never loved you". But the creepy thing about it was that it was written with her blood" Ashley explained to the group.

"Woah, hella creepy" Mike said.

"Guys, can we please not talk about this" Jace asks the group with his head down.

"Oh ya...sorry" Ashley says "anyway, Katie, didn't something happen in the hall this morning about you and Blaze?".

"Who wants to know?" Katie asks.

Mike curls his fingers into a fist. Katie puts her hand onto one of his, causing him to uncurl his fingers.

"We all do. Some people said that one minute he was talking to you and Mike then he was sitting against a wall, in a daze" Ashley says.

"Oh...well he asked Mike a question that angered both of us and I slapped him into the wall" says Katie "no regrets. Anyway, Jace I'm sorry about Sapphire, she seemed really nice but she true colors were shown".

"Ya really" Jace muttered under his breath.

Ashley put her hand on his shoulder. Katie got up and squished beside Jace and wrapped her arms around him. Ashley also wrapped her arms around him.

"Now you can't possibly be sad, you have two beautiful witches at your side, hugging the hell outta you" says Mike throwing his hands in the air "hell I might be a little bit jealous".

They all laughed and smiled.