Chapter 21:

"I see" says the voice "Do you know who I am?"

"No" says Sapphire.

All of a sudden the lights flick on, reveling Katie standing in front of Sapphire.

"You..." Sapphire spits and hisses.

"That was easier than I thought it would be" Katie laughs and walks away.

Mike comes over to Katie and hands her a device.

"What's that? Is it a torture device" Sapphire squeals, eyes wide.

"No, but I wouldn't mind it to be" Katie says with no hint of emotion in her voice "It's a recording device. I caught everything you just said".

"Oh no, what you gonna do with it? Take it to the principle?" Sapphire mocks her.

"Not yet..." Katie hands the recorder device back to Mike and spins and walks over to her "I haven't had my fun with you".

Sapphire doesn't respond instead she looks down. Mike walks over to Katie and pulls out a syringe with clear liquid, then hands it to Katie.

"This won't hurt a bit" says Katie.

"No!!! Stop!!! Get away!!" Yells Sapphire struggling.

Katie lunges at Sapphire and stabs her in the neck with the syringe. Sapphire screams and thrusts, trying to break free.  Katie pushes the liquid into her neck. Mike rushes up and puts pressure to the stab wound.

"5 minutes" says Katie to Mike, kissing his cheek.

He smiles. Katie walks away and cleans up the room then leaves.

"Hold still" Mike says firmly, using his other hand to steady her.

"No! What was in that syringe?" Yells Sapphire.

"Nothing you need to know" says Mike.

Katie walks in the room with cloth in her hand.

"This'll shut you up" Katie says firmly tying the cloth to make a gag.

She shoves the gag in her mouth then around her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sapphire drops her head with her eyes closed and goes limp. Mike sighs with relief and releases his hand from her neck.

"That wasn't so bad. Was it?" Asks Katie.

"Well no I guess" says Mike rubbing the back of his neck.

"Good! Now let's get her to my house and the secret room there" says Katie gesturing the blue vines off of Sapphire.

Sapphire drops to the floor and Mike picks her up. Katie puts an arm on his shoulder just as the bell rings.

"We're going to be late to class" says Mike.

"That will make it easier for us to get through the halls" Katie whispers.

Katie's hand glows blue, they both feel a tingling feeling go through their bodies. Then turn completely invisible.

"Let's go!" Whispers Katie grasping Mike's arm.

Mike follows Katie through the empty halls, passing classrooms full of students.