Chapter 1

I hoisted my duffle high up my shoulder, tapping my fingers nervously against the strap. It's only two months. Nothing bad is going to happen in two months. I told myself this over, and over again in my head, but for some reason I never believed it. "Are you gonna be okay?" I looked back at Hayden. I bit my lip, and shook my head. I burst into tears, and pulled him into a hug. I whipped some tears away, and pulled away. Stop crying you fool. I thought to myself. I heard Cadenza crying to the left of me. I turned to my left, and engulfed Cadenza with a huge hug.

"Are you sure you have to go?"

"Mhm," I muttered.

"What are you even going to be doing there!?" She hissed. I stroked her hair.

"I'll be just fine Sis, in the meantime you're stuck with Laurence though," I joked. She laughed lightly, but the tears never stopped falling. When I turned to Laurance, I almost let out the tears that I was fighting back.

"(N/N)," he sighed. I fell into his arms, and burst into tears. "I can go for you, it'll be like the same, but only a boy."

"No, I'll be okay. I swear I'm going to be just fine, just watch Cadenza for me, mkay?"

"Okay." He mumbled. The train pulled up to the station. I pulled away, and walked towards the train. "Wait! I almost forgot!" Laurence yelled. He ran up to me and handed me his fiery red sword.

"No, Laurence I can't-"

"But you can. What kind should my new sword be like?"

"Green, like my hair from when we were nine *cough*Cadenza*cough*." I smiled at him, and gave him one last hug, before getting onto the train. A man greeted me once I got on.

"May I take your bag Ma'am?" He asked holding his hand out. I handed it over, hesitantly. "Please only two children to a box." I nodded, and walked down the isle. First two boxes, a boy with black hair, dark eyes and a girl with pinkish hair and tealy eyes. The other box had a boy with brown hair and green eyes and a girl with blue hair and blue eyes. Then next two were empty aside from a boy around my age(seventeen, eighteen years), blonde hair and blue eyes. He was reading a thin book, and seemed to be deeply engrossed in it. I opened the door.

"Excuse me?" He looked up.

"Can I help you?" He asked politely. I smiled a little.

"Uh, I was just wondering if maybe... I could sit here. With you?"

"Oh! Of course!" He nodded his head to the seat across from him. I sat down. "Uh, my name is Garroth, Garroth Ro'Meave." He put his hand out. I took it gingerly.

"(Y/N) Zvahl," I gave his hand a light shake. "So do you know any thing about this test really?"

"Um, not much aside from what they put in the note."

"Hmmmm, don't you think it's a bit... I don't know... odd?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I guess it just feels pointless... ya'know?"

"I guess," he closed his book and set it aside.

"Sorry. When I get a thought in my head it's just kinda hard to get it out," I laughed. Garroth smiled at my comment.

"Do you maybe want to get to know each other a bit? I mean just in case we're partners?" He asked.

"Oh, sure! Uh, you go first."

"Alright... my name is Garroth, as I told you. I have two brothers, one of them sadly passed away recently. One that is bound to be the High Priest of O'Khasis."

"Wait you're that Ro'Meave!?" I asked.

"Yes. Is that... a problem?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No, I guess I just didn't realize. Well, I have two siblings as well. A brother named Laurance, he's older by a year, and Cadenza, my sister whom is younger by a year, but Laurance and I were adopted," I smiled sheepishly. "Laurance just recently got out of guard academy."

"Oh, so did I, and a those two girls and the boy with the brown hair up there," Garroth smiled.

"Hm? Why'd you go to guard academy? Aren't you supposed to be like... I don't know the next ruler of O'Khasis?"

"Yes, but... it's not something I want to do."

"Understandable. What do you want to do?"

"I want to be a guard," he got a dreamy look in his eyes, and I giggled.

"Alrighty, Mr. Guard is that all you planned on doing though?"

"Well, I haven't gotten that far into my life yet, but pretty much," he shrugged. "What about you?" He asked.

"I was never really sure. You know how it feels to be... unknowing of almost everything? I feel like maybe that's how life is supposed to be. Maybe we aren't supposed to know our future, maybe we just have to... I don't know... wing it? I mean at least that's what I do," I shrugged.

"You seem very intelligent about the way your mind processes. Maybe you'd be a good writer." He smiled.

"I guess I never thought about it. I mean I love to read, but that's pretty much the only thing I ever do," I sigh.

"Really? You never like play in the snow or anything?" He asked.

"No. You see my family has a bit of a personality system. Hayden, my father, he's the responsible, 'keep it together' kind of person. Laurance is the fearless, 'I've got this kind. Cadenza is this artsy creative person. Heck, she dyed my hair in her sleep once!" I laughed.

"What color?" Garroth asked, stiffling a laugh.

"Green... emerald green," I rolled my eyes as he let out a laugh. I smiled laughed a little bit too. "So more about your family?"

"Well. My youngest brother, the one who'd... died," he seemed to be a bit choked up about it, "he was so full of energy, and could make you smile just by looking at you. Zane, my other brother, he always had this quest for power, never wanting to let any situation go. EVER! My mother, she was a sweet as they come, always smiling and baking, making everyone feel better about themselves, I kinda saw a bit of my mom in Vylad... that is before the... accident. My dad, he never stopped being selfish, always doing what was better for him before doing what was better for everyone. Which is why I'm supposed to get married when I get back." He sighed.

"That's... depressing," I sighed. I suddenly felt... bad.

"Sorry. Just... needed to tell someone," He traced the letters on the cover of the book with his fingers.

"Oh, it's fine. Just, I guess... well, I mean I never knew my real parents. It's always kinda just been. Well, ya know... something I always wondered."

"Heh, guess we both have some family issues... huh?" He laughed.

"Yeah. I guess we do," I shrugged. He grabbed my hand, making me blush.

"Well, we can at least understand one thing about each other," he smiled. I stared into his eyes for a moment, and smiled back.

"Are you scared?" Just asked.

"Yeah, it's embarrassing to say, but I am. Just a little at least."

"Me too."