Chapter 9

"Hey, (Y/N) wake up," Garroth shook me lightly. Little did he know I haven't slept at all, but I think he probably knew that already.

Maybe he was just being polite. I turned around, and faced him. "Yeah?"

"It's time to get ready." He sighed. I nodded.

"Just give me a few minutes." I said getting up, and walking into the bathroom. I was waiting time in a pointless test, doing pointless things.

I glared at the mirror. It was hard to look at myself when I knew I was a murder. Out of anger I punched the wall, my hand going straight through.

I quickly pulled back, shocked. "Wow. I'm getting... stronger," I gasped. Staring at myself now, looking at the forming muscles. It was kind of ridiculous that something good was coming out of this.

"Is everything okay in there?" Garroth asked from the other side of the door.

"What, um, yeah. I'm fine." I yelled. I quickly changed into a more suitable outfit for... about anything athletic. I walked out, and got my weapons together. I noticed that they had added a bow, and a quiver full of arrows to our assortment of weapons.

I picked mine up, smiling. "What's with the sudden smile?" Garroth asked.

"These arrows are too dull to kill anything, more just... slow them down." I said spinning in around with my fingers. "Plus I have pretty good aim. Not to brag or anything?"

"Shoot that bottle over there then," he said pointing to a bottle that was on the other side of our little apartment thing. I knocked the arrow into the bow pulled back.

"Get ready to be amazed," I smiled. Then I released, and it flew into the kitchen, and we heard a bottle break. He looked at me with wide eyes, and I just smiled, and went to retrieve my arrow, like a good archer.

When I got back the guard was waiting again. The one I attacked yesterday. He looked angry as ever. When he saw me his eyes flared up a bit. "Ready to go?" He asked, his voice as hard as stone.

I nodded suddenly feeling nervous. This time he walked behind up, directing us on where to go. He stopped at a small metal door probably half my height. I stared at him, uncertain as he opened the door.

"Go on in," he said, holding the door. Garroth went through, but I just stood there. "Go." He said in a dark tone. I nodded, and crawled through. I had to try and adjust my eyes to the pitch black dark.

"Garroth?" I whispered into the darkness. There was no response. I suddenly felt afraid. I held my knife in hand, ready to swing anyone who came near to me. I heard footsteps, but I didn't know where they were coming from.

The steps seemed to bounce off the walls. I then felt a hand wrap around me, and one go over my mouth, muffling my yells. I quickly acted, and stabbed them in the gut with my knife.

They let go, screeching, and I took this moment to run. Run into a wall to be exact. I quickly traced my hands over the wall, and found little nooks and crannies to put my hands and feet in. I immediately started climbing.

For some reason I feel like that door had two ways to go. All I knew was I had to get away from whatever this thing is, and find Garroth. We work better as a team.

I kept climbing on, and I could hear scratching as fingers clawed at the rocks just under me, making me climb faster.

Don't think, just climb.

Soon I was bursting out into the bright sun, shining in my eyes. I pulled my bow of my back, and knocked an arrow pointing it at the hole I came out of.

A few seconds after I did so a creature, resembling a thin old man, crawled out of the hole, looking angry. I aimed for his head, and let it fly.

I heard another howl, and then silence filled the air as black goop burst onto me, making me feel like I was being burned alive. I quickly whipped it away, shrieking. I pulled my arrow out of its head after the goop was no longer on my skin. Then I got an idea and covered the tips of all my arrows into this toxic stuff.

That's when I heard an ear deafening growl explode through the air. Then followed by several shouts. I follow in the direction of the shouts, having an arrow ready for whatever was going to be there.

Well, that whatever was something I'd never expected. Garroth. Surrounded. By. Giant. Wolves.

Maybe like... thirty???

"Garroth ,are you okay!?" I screamed. Then all the dogs turned to face me. They were like fifty times bigger than me, and had red liquid pouring out from their mouths.

"KINDA!!!" He shrieked.

I aimed for one's head. "I don't have enough arrows to kill thirty giant wolves!" I sighed angrily.

I let it fly, and it hit the first wolf straight in the forehead, and he dropped dead. "Oh yeah this goop does the stuff!!!" I yelled. The wolves were charging at me now. I shot about two more before they got extremely close.

I jumped onto one's leg, and scrambled up it, taking my sword, and cutting its neck open, spurting blood all over me. It was still alive, but weak.

I shot a few more with my last ten arrows. So it's thirteen dead out of thirty, and one injured. I turned to Garroth. "THROW ME YOUR ARROWS!" I yelled. He quickly took off the quiver, and chucked it in my direction, and I caught the strap, and immediately knocked another arrow, getting ready to fire.

I hit another one in the head, but it only seemed to annoy the heck out of him. I shot about two more at home before he died.

Fourteen.

I whipped some of the goop out of my empty quiver, and put it on the tips of the remaining arrows. I shot about ten more arrows killing more wolves.

Twenty-four.

I was starting to get a little dizzy. I ran out of arrows completely. We would just have to resort to swords. I took my sword, and stabbed the wolf I was standing on the back of, then dragged the sword along his back as he howled in pain, and I pulled it out of his back.

It was deep enough to see his organs... not pretty. I felt to the ground with his body as he slowly died.

I heard smaller footsteps come over to me, and Garroth helped me stand. "That was freaking awesome!" He smiled.

"Twenty-five," I mumbled, my head down. I was exhausted, and I don't know why. Maybe it was all my climbing and running in this one day?

"Yeah, there's five left," he whispered. " I think I can handle this."

"Leave me here." I whispered. He nodded, and set me down. I didn't even have the strength to sit, so I ended up laying in a bloody field next to a bunch of dead wolves.

Maybe this was how my world was supposed to be.

I felt arms slide under me, picking me up. "Good job today, you definitely saved me butt."

"Huh." I mumbled. I was so tired, and exhausted I couldn't even speak words.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I shook my head 'no'.

"What's wrong?"

"B...B...Beats... m...me," I managed, pain engraved my every attempt.

"Well, we should be done today. We've actually been here for seven hours." I looked at him with wide eyes. "Yup," he laughed, "you really take your time... but so do I."

I nodded again. Then everything went black.