Chapter 5

I woke up in a very warm environment. I sat up feeling kind of sick and sweaty. "Garroth?" I mumbled. I looked around, and saw I was in a large tree. "Garroth!?" I yelled. I tried to stand up, but my leg was still hurt. I leaned on a sturdy branch to see if I could find him.

"(Y/N)?" I heard someone mumble from above. I looked up to see Garroth drapped over a branch.

"Garroth!" I sighed in relief. "What are you doing up there!?"

"What?" He mumbled, sitting up. He hopped down so he was on the same level as me. "Oh! Your leg!" He yelled as he saw blood coming out of my leg. He tore part of his shirt off, and tied it around the cut.

"Thanks," I winced in pain as he tied the last knot. He helped me stand up, and I looked around. "Where are we?"

"We're still in the test room, I think. You passed out so I brought you up here, and that's the last thing I remember, to be honest," he sighed, running a hand through his messy hair. I probably looked a lot worse than his though.

"Okay. So we just need to get out... right?" I asked, gritting my teeth.

"Hopefully." He sighed.

"Do you have my knife?" I asked. He fished his hand into his pocket, and pulled out the silver knife. I took it, and spun it a few times to remember the feel, then quickly shoved it back into my boot.

"Can you walk?" He asked, and got himself ready.

"I don't know. I can try though." I pushed some loose hair out of my face.

"Well, then should we try and head out?" He looked over at me.

"Yes. The sooner we can get out, the better."

We made out way down to the ground with only a few difficulties.

I stood up, the plants around me went up to my knees, and were so thick I couldn't see my feet. I took a step, and almost collapsed. I felt an arm wrap around my waist.

I looked over at him, and he helped me stand. I wrapped an arm over his shoulders, and he helped me walk in the direction of the door.

Occasionally, we'd stop so I could rest. Which is where we are now.

I took in a few deep breaths. I was losing so much blood, I was beginning to get dizzy. I ran my fingers through my hair, and tried to stand on my own, but fell back down.

I sighed angrily, "At this rate we won't even get there by tomorrow." Garroth turned to face me.

"We'll make it. I promise." He turned away, and continued to look through the greenery, trying to find anything useful. I snorted, and he looked at me again.

"Do you know how many promises can't even be kept?" I shook my head. "I would know. My da-" I cut myself off, and looked down in my lap. I could feel Garroth lean down in front of me.

"Do you have something you'd like to share?"

"Not r-really." I stuttered. Why'd I have to stutter!? "Can we... continue walking?"

"I guess." He hooked his sword to his belt, and helped me to my feet. I was starting to lose feeling in my leg. We continued walking in the same direction for what felt like years, but it was probably only an hour. I collapsed, falling out of his grip. He quickly knelt down next to me. "Are you okay?"

"I can't..." I moved so I was facing the ground. I put my hand on the cut, and tried to apply enough pressure on it, but I was took weak. Garroth seemed to understand what I was trying to do and put his hand over mine, which were already soaked with blood. I leaned my head on his shoulder, and took a few deep breaths.

"You're gonna be okay just breath," he instructed.

"I'VE BEEN BREATHING!!!" I screamed. He quickly covered my mouth as we listened to it echo back to us.

Then a roar erupted from what seemed to be only feet away. I felt a slight delay in my breathing as I heard the pounding footsteps of the werewolf getting closer.

I squeezed my eyes shut and grabbed my knife from my boot, squeezing it in my grip. Garroth's hand never left my leg. I could feel the earth shaking under me. I felt something ram into my back, and soon we were tumbling, trying to win the top.

We stopped spinning, and I was on top of the creature, my head spinning, vision blurred and spotted with bright yellow dots. I quickly plunged the knife into it, and it howled in pain. I shoved the knife in deeper, blood spurting all over me. When I felt it take its last breath I pulled the knife out, and managed to stand.

My vision was just barely clear enough to see anything. I looked over and saw Garroth running towards me. Then I collapsed again and everything went pitch black.

I woke up to the smell of burnt toast. I sat up in what appeared to be my bed. I rubbed my eyes and got up. My leg was tightly wrapped and along with my arms and waist. I limped into our little kitchen, and saw Garroth standing there, holding a plate of burnt bread.

I smiled and fell into one of the chairs. "Never made toast before?" I laughed lightly.

"Nope," he said popping the 'p'.

"That's fine."

"How do you feel?" He asked sitting across from me.

"Awful, like... I don't know I got tackled by a werewolf, and cut in many places."

"Well at least you remember what happened," he smiled. "Uh. Do you want anything to eat?"

"I'm not hungry. I think I'll just get some water, and go back to bed." I said standing up. I got a glass of water, and changed out of my stained clothes, and cleaned up a little then put on some shorts and a tee shirt then went and laid down, closing my eyes.

I felt the bed droop down a little and an arm wrap around me.

"So how good did I keep my promise?"

"Pretty good."