Chapter 6

I woke with tears streaming down my cheeks and Garroth, holding me close to his chest. "It's okay," he whispered. I sniffled and nuzzled my head closer to him.

"D-Do you miss anybody?" I whispered.

"My mom." He whispered back, and I hugged him, tightly. He moved, and whipped some of my tears away. "How does your leg feel?"

"Weird," I shifted a little, and a sharp pain ran through my body, and I grunted. "Hurts a little." He rolled out of bed and stood up, stretching. He had blood on his pants and he noticed, and had a worried look on his face and it looked fresh.

I sat up and checked the bandages and saw them stained a bright red. I placed my hand over the bandages, wincing. When I pulled my hand back it was soaked with blood. I moved to stand up, but Garroth stopped me when I was sitting on the edge. "Hold on."

"Okay," I nodded, and he ran into the bathroom, and I held my hand on my leg to stop the bleeding. Garroth came running out of the bathroom with bandages in hand. He ran to my side, and ripped the bandages off my leg.

He started to wrap my leg tightly, and I grabbed his shoulder, tightly. He stopped and grabbed my hand. "It's gonna be okay." I let go, and he continued to wrap my leg. I leaned back on the bed and took deep breaths. I felt him tie the last knot, and I sat up straight and looked at Garroth.

He was staring into my eyes, and I couldn't look away from his. The beautiful deep, and rich blue was consuming me. He shook his head and the trance was gone.

I could feel my cheeks heating up a bit. It was embarrassing that anything just happened. It's just he's the only person I've talked to the last few days. How long have we been here three days? Four? Anyways, he's the only person I talk to aside from the guards.

We're just partners in this test. This doesn't need to become a thing... although we did sleep together the last few nights.

"Do you think you'll be able to walk?" He asked.

"Huh? Oh, uh yeah. I should be fine." I said standing up. I winced and limped over to my dresser and pulled out some fresh clothes. I looked at Garroth who was staring. "Look away you perv!!!" I laughed while throwing a shoe at him.

He laughed. "Sorry." Then he turned away and I quickly changed. I sat down on the bed.

"Done." He looked back over at me. I smiled a little, and looked up at the ceiling. "What do you think we're gonna have to do today?"

"Probably kill more people," he sighed. I turned onto my side, and stared at the wall. I heard the door open, and I quickly sat up.

"Are you two ready?" The guard was grinning... that concerns me. I nodded, and stood up. Garroth walked over to me, and we walked side by side behind the guard.

As we were walking/limping down the corridors I felt a warm hand intertwine their fingers with mine. I looked over at Garroth, but he was looking straight ahead. I bit my lip, and looked in front of me.

We stopped at a large grey door about twice my height. I stared at it as the guard opened the door. It opened up to a dark room, so dark I couldn't see anything. I squinted to see if I could find anything, but soon we were shoved in, and I tripped and fell, skidding across the ground, and I hit a rocky wall with a small thud.

I watched as they closed the door and the light slowly disappeared from the room until it was pitch black. "Garroth?" I whispered, my voice echoing.

"(Y/N)? Where are you?" He asked, his voice also echoed.

"Not a hundred percent sure." I grunted as I used the wall to pull myself up. "I fell and flew across the floor."

"Well, by the sound of our voices echoing it shouldn't be to big, but maybe deep." He mumbled. "Hey, do you see that light?"

"Where?" I asked looking around. My eyes were starting to adjust.

"Look up." I looked up, and saw a faint light.

"Think that's where were supposed to go?" I gulped.

"I think they did it on purpose." He sighed. "Lets find each other first."

"Okay. My eyes are starting adjust. I can kinda make out the room." I saw a vague figure, and bright blue eyes. I limped over to him, and he grabbed my arm.

"We're going to have to climb... unless we'd like to die here. Are you up for it?"

"Yeah," I gritted my teeth. "I can try."

"Good." He helped me walk over to a wall with lots of cracks and crevices. "You'll climb first, and I'll stay under you, just in case you slip."

"O-Okay." I nodded. I put my foot into the fist crack and pulled myself up. Pain fluttered through my lower leg, and up to my thigh. I pulled myself up a little higher. I was already starting to feel strain, and my leg was feeling stiff. I kept pulling up, grunting, and crying through the pain. Garroth was right behind me.

This was utterly ridiculous. Why did I come here? What's the point of this? Why would anyone be dumb enough to put kids through this? Why us? Why us out of every one else in Ru'aun?

I pulled myself up a few more times before finding a ledge big enough for a few people to sit on. I smiled a little from relief, and pulled myself onto it. A few moments later Garroth pulled up next to me.

I felt awful and exhausted. I sighed, closing my eyes, leaning my head against the wall.

"You should rest, we both should." I looked over at Garroth, and simply nodded. There was no way I was going to refuse to that.

I laid down and closed my eyes, feeling the cool breeze drift over us. It was actually... relaxing compared to the last few days.

I wish this feeling would never end. Sure I was soaked with sweat and blood, and my hair was sticking to my face, I was having a hard time breathing, and the pain was almost unbearable, but the gentle breeze, the damp walls making me feel more at home, reminding me of the damp sand at Metelli, and the comfort of being with Garroth.

I felt like nothing could go wrong from here on out.