Chapter 15

I woke up with a major headache, my head literally was going to explode... okay, I'm exaggerating, obviously, but my Irene it's a nasty one! I sat up in the bed groggily. Garroth was laying next to me, letting out the most obnoxious snore in the world. It just made my head pound.

I got up quickly, and stumbled into the kitchen, and grabbed a glass, filling it with water. I quickly drank it down, and filled it up, repeating this like six times. I finally put the glass down, and sat in a chair at the table, massaging my temple. I don't even know why my head hurt. I closed my eyes, and instead of seeing the back of my eyelids I saw a girl with long black hair and hazel eyes, tannish skin. She was pretty short.

I quickly snapped my eyes opened, pushing back from the table. What was that? What was it? Who?

I swallowed hard. My whole body was shaking, I squeezed myself tightly, sliding down the floor. I stayed on my knees in the kitchen floor. I didn't close my eyes. I just stared at the floor. Focusing on the bland grey.

Maybe it's from the... no. It can't be.

I shook my head. What happened wasn't real. It's in my past. I shouldn't have to think about it.

But it could finally be harnessed. I don't want that. It's been seven years since it happened. I don't... it's done. It was nothing... but that girl. She looked so familiar... Ire-

"(Y/N)?" I quickly looked up, and saw Garroth, standing in the doorway, tired, and confused as ever. I noticed my headache faded away.

"Hm?" I hummed, putting on a "normal" face.

"Are you okay?"

"What? ...Oh. Yeah. I'm fine. I just needed some water, and I uh... fell... but I'm fine," I looked around.

"Okay," he nodded then walked out, flopping down on the bed. I shook my head. Then the throbbing pain weaved it's way back into my head. I grunted, grabbing the sides of my head, angrily. I squinted my eyes shut.

The girl showed up again, but this time more clearly. She seemed to be talking to someone, but I couldn't see who. Their face was covered by a helm. She seemed to be laughing. They must have said something funny.

The image slowly faded, and another one appeared. She was in a cave, walking around turning her head like she was looking for someone. She started to look around, and it was like I could see through her eyes.

Her eyes glanced over at a blonde man... he looked like-

"Garroth!" She yelled. Then all the noise disappeared again, and the image faded.

A small girl who looked like the one with hazel eyes, but a lot younger. Like she was just born. She just had some of the same features. Same lips, nose, and eye shape. There were several people crowded around her. I'm not sure who was holding her, but I assumed it was a female.

I didn't know who the child was, but I just knew the name for some reason... Alina.

It was a perfect name for her. I felt myself smile.

The image faded and there was just darkness, but I could hear screaming, and laughing. Then crying filled my ears, angry toned voices.

"WHAT!?"

"LEAVE THEM ALONE!"

"WHY SHOULD I!?"

"GRAH!!"

I snapped my eyes open and stood up. Alina. Alina. Alina.

What kind of monstrosity is this?

I closed my eyes again. I saw the boy. Garroth's brother. Vylad, I think. He was standing next to a girl. He gave her a kiss on the cheek and then he got on a boat, and it sailed off. Her shoulders sagged. Her short hair, falling around her face, closing it off like a curtain.

It faded, but I appeared again.

She was standing at the edge of the dock, bare feet in the sand. Her hair was longer, half way down her bicep so quite some time must have passed. I watched as a boat sailed up. A blur flew from the boat running down the dock towards her.

She sprinted toward the blur, jumping into their arms. They spun her around, and then set her down, planting a kiss on her lips.

Then it quickly changed to a bloody scene in a courtyard. A sword sticking through someone's gut, laying almost lifeless at the feet of a shadow knight. The shadow knight disappeared, and a blur of blonde and silver rushed toward them.

I snapped my eyes open, and stood up shakily. I turned to see Garroth sitting up again. Staring in my direction. I walked into the main room, and sat down next to him silently. "How do you feel?"

"I beheaded your brother. I feel just... fabulous," I sighed. My headache disappearing.

"Well, aside from that, how do you feel?"

"Weak, and entirely just... tired, you know?"

"Uh, yeah," he chuckled.

"How long have we been here again?"

"A month. A month exactly." He stared at the floor.

"Aren't you annoyed with me by now?" I asked, staring into my empty hands.

"Why would I?" He looked at me, and I glanced at him, ever so slightly, before dropping my eyes back to my hands. I shrugged.

"I don't know. I just seem so... girly I guess."

"Girly? You? Never. You're good with a bow... AND a sword. I mean you beat me, and usually I would hate to admit that to anyone at all." He chuckled. I laughed weakly.

"I cried... because I killed someone... that makes me feel so... pathetic." I sighed.

"Well, I did the same thing when I started hurting people, minus the crying, but I did feel the overwhelming guilt. I almost quit."

"Really?" I looked up at him. He shook his head.

"I've never told anyone that," he breathed heavily. I smiled to myself.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." He looked at me and our eyes connected, like... like I can't describe it... I felt something... click.

I noticed us... shifting I guess, we were shifting closer to each other, until our faces were just centimeters away. His warm breath against my face. I felt my heart flutter, like the wings of a butterfly.

Then I felt the connection. I never wanted it to end. I felt the heat, the pressure.

And I loved every single bit of it.