Chapter 4: How long?

I couldn't help but smile on our way back to the office. I kept catching glances of him while he was driving he had the cutest smile on his face when he turned to look at me. It was quiet for a while but a good quiet until I spoke up.

"So Tom? How exactly long have you been waiting to do that?" My curiosity got the best of me. I just had to know.

He looked at me and smiled.

"The day I realized I needed you more than anything. It's been two years now since I realized you were the one I was waiting for my whole life. It killed me going away from you when I went to go film Thor and you weren't able to join me. I know I may sound a bit odd saying it but it just felt right between you and I. And I can't hide it from you."

All I felt was warmth in my body when he said that. He said that I was the lucky one who he had been waiting for his whole life. I probably looked stupid sitting there smiling until I heard him ask me a question.

"How long have you been waiting for me to do that? You seem very happy right now." He said with a slight giggle in his voice. I'm sure he knew I liked him. By the way, he asked.

"Tom, I have been waiting ever since I started working for you. I was always a big fan of yours, but when I saw how nice and gentle you were I just wanted you to be mine, and I knew that it would be a one in a million chance that someone as dashing and handsome as you, could go for a girl like me. I thought it would take a miracle for you to like me. " I looked over at him waiting for an answer after what felt forever that we didn't talk he out his hand on mine and squeezed it.

"Darling, I don't want you to ever feel like that again. I am perfectly happy with who you are no matter what. And I'm positive many others are too. Your family, friends, co-workers." He turned to me and with that magical smile, it just made my heart melt in every single time.

We pulled into the building parking lot and I was about to get out of the car when he grabbed my arm and pulled me into a long passionate kiss. I have never felt this way before. Not even with my ex. I felt safe and calm, nothing could make his moment right now any worse. It was just me and Tom. And no one else.

"Tom?" I said with concern in my voice.

"What is it love?" he asked as he pulled the eyes out of the ignition.

"What are our coworkers and the press going to think about you dating your assistant."

"I don't care what they think, all I care about is you and me. No one else. Just us." He leaned in and kissed my cheek and we both got out of the car and went back into the office. This day couldn't get any better.

I finally got the man of my dreams. I've been waiting for my whole life.

But am I ready for this relationship? Or any relationship?

----------------------------------------------