Chapter 20: Clara and the Diner

"Can you believe I did tha-" I stopped frozen. "Tom?" I asked trying to make my voice sound normal.

Tom looked up at me and smiled.

"Marziana? Will you wait for me while I try to find my penny I dropped." Tom said giggling.

"Oh my god! You freaking tease!" I said slapping his arm. I don't know if I should be happy or sad. I mean we have only been going out for 8 months now. I mean it sounds like a lot but we still need to learn more about each other.

"What?! Did you think I was? Oh no! You will know when I do it." He said giggling to himself and smirking.

"Ugh, you're ridiculous. You should be glad I didn't hit you harder." I said laughing.

"So let's get you that dessert okay?" Tom said grabbing my hand.

"Okay," I said kissing his cheek.

We walked another 2 miles until we came to a small little diner that I told him I loved. They have the best and I mean the best milkshakes and fries you will ever eat! Like it's heaven.

We walked into the building and we sat down in a small booth in the corner away from everyone. We were talking about what we wanted to do over the weekend when our waitress came over to take our order.

"Hello Can I take your ord-" she said as she looked up from her notepad. And stood with their mouths open. She looked a least 16 years old to me but she could have been older. When she quickly caught herself and cleared her throat. "Sorry excuse me." She took a moment and took a big breath. "You know what let me redo that." She walked away from a little bit and came walking back towards us. "Hello! Ill be your server this evening. My name is Clara. Now.. May I take your order?" She said smiling at us and giggled a little bit.

"Why yes, you can," Tom said smiling at her.

"What would you like?" Clara said smiling at both of us.

"Um. I'll have your mint chip milkshake and a side of fries." I said handing her the menu.

"And I'll have your chocolate milkshake," Tom said also handing her his menu.

"I'll bring that right out." She replied smiling and turning around.

"She was sweet. And absolutely adorable." I said giggling and looking at Tom's smiling face.

"She was cute. Calmest fangirl I've ever encountered." He said laughing.

After about 10 minutes of waiting for and talking, I said Clara walking over to us with a tray and our orders on them.

"Okay! Here are your mint chip milkshake and your fries. For you." She smiled at me and put down my items in front of me. "And here is your chocolate milkshake." She smiled down at Tom and put his milkshake in front of him.

"Thank you, darling." He said smiling at her. She has back a smile.

"Now if you guys need anything else just call me over," she said before turning around and leaving again.

"I think she deserves a big tip. She is so nice." I said eating a fry than taking a sip of my milkshake.

"She does. So.. How do you feel about skipping work tomorrow with me and we have a long weekend together?" he said drinking his milkshake.

"Yes! That sounds amazing!"

We sat and talked for about 20 minutes and finished up our food and drinks. And Clara came by and gave us our bill and she even put a little smiley face on it. Tom and I gave her a 15 dollar tip each because she was an absolutely fantastic server to us.

We left the diner and started walking back to the car. Once we got back and went into the car I settled myself in and buckled up.

"So.. Umm." Tom began. But stopped before he got to the point.

"What is it?" I said a little concerned.

"Do you min- umm. Do you wanna stay with me at my place tonight? You don't have to if you don't want to. I understand." He asked looking down at his lap then looking at me. I couldn't help but smile.

"I would love to," I said leaning over and giving him a passionate kiss.

"Good." He said turning on the car and driving over to his apartment.