Chapter 18: Back to work

My sort of mini vacation is now over. It was nice to get out of the house and see California. It's now time to get back to work but it's all good I get to see Tom. That's a bonus. He is my boss so of course I would see him, but I just don't want to go to work today,I love my job don't get me wrong it's just one of those days were I am feeling just down and not wanting to do anything today. Which is weird for me considering that I always loved going to work and helping out Tom. I just don't know what wrong with me.

I shrugged it off and started getting dressed for work. I got in the shower hoping that would make me feel better, it didn't. Once I got my hair all dried and brushed and my little bit of makeup on and my clothes I was ready to head out the door. I grabbed an apple from my counter and started eating that as I walked out my door. I locked the door and turned around and to my surprise I see Tom there holding a bag and a coffee cup. With a smile plastered on his face.

"Good morning love! I figured I would help you out and give you a ride to work today. And I also got your favorite a mocha and a blue berry muffin." he said smiling at me and holding out the cup and the bag.

"Awe! thanks Tom, you know you didn't have to go through all the trouble." I said accepting the gifts and taking a drink of the coffee.

"Oh love, it was no trouble. It's my pleasure. I just couldn't wait to see you today." He said stepping closer to me and planting a small kiss on my cheek. my cheek grew instantly red an I could feel them burning as I smiled at him.

"Well let's get off then!" I said grabbing his hand walking towards his car. He opened the door for me and I got in.

"So love, how are you feeling? I'm not trying to insult you but you're looking pale today," he said concern writing all over his face.

"To be honest, I'm not feeling so good. I'm a little out of it but it'll get better." I managed to give him a smile.

"Well if you're not feeling good why don't I just take you back home? I am your boss. And I give you permission to stay home." he said smiling at me hoping id say yes.

"Okay, thanks, Tom. It means a lot."

I said smiling at him.

"Anytime my love. Just expect some phone calls from me." he said chuckling. He turned around and started driving back to my flat. I am so grateful to have a boyfriend like him. I just hope this illness isn't to serious. I rarely ever get sick so this is new to me.

I get back into my flat and I set my stuff down and I immediately go towards my room and change into some comfortable clothes and I lay down. I fell asleep in a matter of seconds.

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing I looking at the caller I.D and I saw Tom's name on the top of the screen. I slide the answer icon over and pressed the phone to my ear.

Me: Hello?

Tom: Hey love, sorry did I wake you?

Me: Oh no honey it's okay. I should be getting up anyways.

Tom: I was just calling to check up on you. How are you feeling?

Me: I am feeling alright my throat is killing me so I guess I'm getting a cold.

Tom: Oh that's not good. I hate colds they are the worst.

Me: They really are. I hate it.

Tom: (I can hear him smiling on the other line.) So what do you think about me coming over to you with some lunch?

Me: Oh that sounds wonderful I am starving.

Tom: Great I shall be at your flat in about 30 mins.

Me: Sounds great! Bye.

Tom: Bye love.

I hung up and I placed my phone on the side table and I walked over to my kitchen to clean up a bit before Tom came over with the food. I went over to the fridge and grabbed a glass of cold water and walked back into my room.

I took out my phone and I texted Tom that the front door was unlocked and he could just walk in. A couple of minutes after I said that he walked through the front door.

"HONEY IM HOME!!" He screamed while shutting the door. He walked into my room laughing to him self.

"How much of a dork could you possibly be?" I said laughing at him.

"Your food my lady," he said handing me my food.

"Why thank you, kind sir," I said bowing my head accepting the food.

We sat on my bed and watched some tv while eating our food. I told him that I would like the rest of the week off from work because I didn't want to get anyone sick. He told me it would be a better idea to do that. I loved that about Tom he was so easy going and loving towards me when I wasn't feeling good. I am so blessed to have him as my wonderful boyfriend. I would have never thought that I would gain feelings for someone so fast. But when you know you know and I know that Tom is my one love.

.....I love him...

I just hope he loves me as much as I love him