Chapter 19: Welcome back

I woke up to the sound of my phone alarm going off. I rolled over and searched my bed for my phone and I tapped the off button. I got out of my bed and walked to my bathroom and I turned on the water. The hot water helped wake me up. It was early and I was tired naturally. Its been a week since I got that cold. I am feeling a lot better now. Which is good, today is my first day back at the office since the vacation and being then getting sick. I'm excited to go back. I've missed seeing Tom and my friends everyday. Although Tom has been coming by my flat every now and then to bring me some lunch or dinner. I turned off the water and I made my way to my closet. I picked out my clothes and I finished getting dressed in my bathroom. I heard my phone ringing in my bedroom. I jogged over to my bedside and I looked at the caller I.D and a picture of me and Tom at the beach in California was on the screen. I slid the answer button across my screen and I put the phone to my ear.

Tom: "Hey love!" he said with a cheerful voice.

Me: "Hey honey what's up?"

Tom: "I was wondering if you would like a ride to work today. I'm on that side of town so I can come to pick you up."

Me: "Sure that would be great! Thank you."

Tom: "Alright love, I'll see you in a few."

Me: "Okay bye."

Tom: "Bye love."

Once I put my phone on the bed I went over to my closet and I picked out the clothes I was going to wear. At the office we were aloud to wear casual but professional. I liked that rule a lot because I didn't have to stress over looking professional all the time. I grabbed a maxi skirt and a nice blouse and some flats and put them on. I decided to wear my hair in a top bun today with some nice hoop ears. I applied my make-up which consisted of mascara and eyeliner and I was ready. Once I got everything situated I heard Tom unlocking the door and coming in.

"Hey love you ready?" Tom asked as he walked into my room with a pair of dress pants and a nice shirt on.

"Yes, I am." I walked over to him and pecked his lips. And started walking over to the car.

The car ride there was a pleasant silence in the car. We were both just sitting there Tom intertwined my hand with his and we held hands the whole car ride. I could see out of the corner of my eye him turn his head am look at me and back on the ride and smiling to himself. How on earth did I get so lucky? It started off as a small silly crush on my boss, that would never happen. At least I thought so, but boy was I wrong. It happened to come true and I have never been so happy in my life.

We pulled into the parking lot of the office building an Tom got out first and opened the door for me. God what a gentleman he was. I got out of the car and I walked into the lobby and I was greeted with tons of smiling co-workers and cheering with a big banner that said 'Welcome back Marziana'. I bet Tom did this?

"Tom! Did you do this!?" I said smacking his arm playfully and smiling at him.

"I did." He said smiling back and bowing before me.

"I can't believe you!" I started to giggle to myself.

I walked into the office and was pulling toward my old friends at the office. Stephanie, Lilly, Kate, and Bridget.

"Welcome back stranger!!" Lilly said pulling me into a huge hug.

"Hey! Did you all miss me this much?" I asked breathlessly she squeezed me too hard.

"Of course! You were gone a month!" Bridget said wiping away fake tears.

"Seriously I thought you died," Stephanie said touching my arm.

"It was nice without you...." Lilly said making a straight face. She was the wanna be an actor out of the 5 of us, she always plays around like this with us.

"Thanks, Lilly... Hey did you ever get that callback." I asked her

"No.." She started crying.

"Oh my god, Li-" I started to say before she cut me off.

"I'm kidding I got the part!!" She said jumping into my arms.

"Oh my GOSH!! That's fantastic news!!" I said hugging her back!

We all were talking for a while until I felt someone touch my shoulder I turned around an I saw Tom.

"Hey, Babe. What's up?" I asked smiling at him stepping aside.

"Hey, you wanna go out to dinner tonight? Just you and me and no problems or stress?" He asked looking at me loving and a-little scared.

"Umm yeah of course. Id love to." I said kissing his cheek and cuddling up to him. As he held his hand on my waist pulling me close to him tightly. He bent down and kissed the top of my head and whispered in my ear.

"I love you Marziana."

I had butterflies in my stomach when he said that. I'm so sure I started blushing like a schoolgirl. I looked up at him and kissed his lips passionately.

"I love you to Thomas."

---------------------------------------

It was later in the day and I was getting ready for mine and Toms date tonight. I'm was so excited it's nice to go out to dinner. And get out for once really when you have been sick for a week and all coped up into a blanket fort. I heard a knock on the door an it was Tom standing there with flowers in his hand and he hands them to me

"These are for you my love," he said cheerfully.

"Thanks, Tom. I love them." I said accepting them and putting them into a vase.

"Your welcome Marzi." He said kissing my cheek as I walked to him.

"Marzi? Hmm, that's new. No one has ever called me that except my sisters' husband David." I said looking up at him and seeing a twinkle in his eyes.

"Oh yeah. I mean if you don't like it I won't do it again. I just thought you know-" I cut him off by kissing his lips.

"It's okay Tom, it's only a nickname. But I love it." I said touching his arm.

"Now shall we?" He as giving his arm to me.

"We shall," I said accepting his offer and walking to the car.

Once we got In the car we turned on the radio and it was on the Pandora station was on and it was Disney Classics and 'So this is Love' came on and Tom started singing along and looking at me smiling. I just had to join in. We sang all the way to the restaurant and once we got in Tom when to the reception.

"Reservation for two under Tom." He told the lady.

"Right this way." She said smiling and directed us to our table.

"Wow, this is really nice. You didn't have to." I told him

"No, it's my gift. You deserve the best." He said smiling at me.

The waiter came by and took our drink orders and then our food orders. We talked about our childhood and started saying stories about when we were little. Then our food came we began eating and after we were done the waiter asked for dessert but Tom said that we won't be ordering any because he wanted to take me somewhere for dessert. So as we were heading out after he paid the bill. He said that we were going to be walking over to the destination. As we were walking an talking about funny stories again. Tom stopped and got down on one knee.

"Can you believe I did tha-" I stopped frozen. "Tom?" I asked trying to make my voice sound normal.

Tom looked up at me and smiled.

"Marziana? W-"