Chapter 5: Too soon?

We got back into the office. I went back to my daily work and so did he. I found myself spacing out a lot thinking about this relationship and how it will work. All my questions that have been burning inside me started to appear.

What if this is going to fast?

Shouldn't I get to know Tom a little bit more? I mean I know a lot about him from work but what about his life not his work life.

I just don't want to be hurt like my last relationship. It killed me to think like I may have a relationship that is toxic if I don't know anything about the man I love.

It was the end of the day and I was packing my stuff up. I couldn't bear to look at Tom after my internal questioning that happened in my head. As soon as I saw him walking towards me and I panicked. I rushed out of the building as fast as possible. I had already gotten in my car and started it up when I saw Tom standing at the front lobby door looking at me with confused eyes. I felt horrible.

I looked up from my lap and motioned him to come over to my window. As soon as he walked up I couldn't stop myself from crying.

"I am so sorry Tom. I think we need to talk about this relationship and how it will work. I have the day off tomorrow so as soon as you can. I need you to come over so we can talk. I want you to know that it's not you. I just had a toxic relationship I got out of and I'm not sure if I'm ready for a new relationship. Don't get me wrong I like you a lot! It just I don't know if I'm ready or not I need to think about it more."

With sadness in his eyes. I knew he was heartbroken but the caring man that he is he just smiled and nodded his head. He kissed my cheek and waved goodbye as I started on the road back home.

The moment I got into my apartment my phone started ringing. I immediately thought it was Tom, but to my surprise it was my sister.

"Hey Marziana! How have you been!?" Emily said very happily.

"Oh I am good. How are you? How's David and the baby? I miss you guys."

"I am doing fantastic, David is off working again. I swear that man can work until his feet fall off. Victoria has gotten so big since you saw her. Speaking of her she was asking about you today."

"Oh is that so? Does she miss her auntie?" I said smiling

"Very much! That's why I called actually. Since David is out working and I have been sitting around. Do you mind if we come up to your place tomorrow?"

"Yeah! That works out great I have the day off. So I'll see you around 11 in the morning?"

"Yes! Can't wait see you soon!" she said very excited.

After I got off the phone I decided to text Tom and tell him when you come over tommorow.

*Hey Tom, again I am sorry about tonight. My sister is coming to visit me tommorow and I was just going to tell you a time that you can come by. So maybe 5 o'clock.*

From Tom:

*Yes that sounds good. See you then.*

----------------------------------------------