Chapter 1

Serenity’s POV

“Mom, where are we going?” I ask as my mother as she drags me out of the house.

“We are going on an adventure. You need a break from playing the piano all the time” My mum replies as she gets in the front seat of the car and I get in the passenger seat next to her. She was right I have been playing the piano non-stop for days. I have a big show for Juilliard. They have been watching me since I was seven.

I am Serenity Knight, I am seventeen years old and a piano prodigy. I have been playing since I was two years old. My mother taught me how to play. She has always has been the biggest influence in my life. She is a teacher at Juilliard. It has always been her dream along with mine to go there. I currently live just outside of New York City.

“So where are we going?” I ask again as my mum drives down the street.

“Fine, we are going shopping. I know that you wanted that new outfit from Aria Bridal and Formal” My mom says as she looks at me with a smile.

“Thanks mum. I really don’t need it” I reply.

“Come on Serenity. I want to do this for you” My mum exclaims.

“Fine, I’m not going to stop you” I say as I turn on the radio.

After ten minutes we get on the highway and it is starts to snow.

“Mum, are you sure its safe to drive in this weather?” I ask.

“Of course it is, I’ve done this millions of time” She replies as she looks at me. Then I start to feel the tires slide....