Chapter 8

2 days later.... Friday

Serenity’s POV

“That is great Serenity, we have one last part of the song and then you have learned it” Louis says with a smile. I can’t believe that I am actually playing the piano again. It is like a dream come true.

“You sound great Serenity” Harry says as he sticks his head in the door. The lads have been so supportive these past three days. I could never thank them enough for what they are going for me and these kids who are here in the hospital. Since yesterday Harry and the lads seem to be hiding something. I don’t know what it is but I can tell that it is nothing bad because none of them are sad or angry.

“Now lets try this last part shall we” Louis says as he starts to play the last part of Enchanted. He really is amazing at the piano. I am so blessed to have him as my teacher. Once he is done I play the same keys but screw up.

“I’m so sorry Lou” I say as I move some of my hair behind my ear.

“Don’t worry about it love, why don’t we take a break for lunch and then come back” Louis says and I nod. We both get up from the bench near the piano and we walk back to my room where the lads are.

“Hey” I say as we both walk back in the room.

“Hey are we going to get some lunch now?” Harry asks as I put on a sweatshirt because it is January 15h.

“Sure how about we go to Cheesecake Factory?” Niall suggests.

“That sounds good to me. I have not been there in ages” I reply as I grab my beanie from my bed side table.

“Lets go” Zayn says as we walk out of the door and into the cool New York air.

“We have a surprise for you when we get there?” Harry says as he puts his arm around me.

“I am so happy that paparazzi has not found out about this yet. I like being able to walk in a big city like normal people without the flashes of the cameras. Since we have been here only about ten people have come up to us” Liam exclaims.

“Yeah I know it is a nice change, lets keep it this way for as long as possible” Niall replies.

After a few more blocks of walking we arrive at the Cheesecake factory. We walk in and out of the corner of my eye I see Harry wave to someone.

“She is here” Harry says as the lads start to walk towards her and I follow.

“Serenity this is my mum Anne, Mum this is Serenity” Harry introduces me.

“Ohh Serenity you are more beautiful than Harry described to me” Anne says and I blush.

“Thank you” I reply.

“Can we order I am hungry” Niall whines. Only Niall would be hungry as soon as we walk in the doors. We all sat down and start to have small talk.

“So Serenity how is the piano lessons going?” Anne asks me.

“Well I think I am doing well, but I would ask Louis. He is my teacher after all” I reply and Louis continues.

“She is doing amazing. She is a really quick learner. We are almost done with her first song” Louis says and I smile proudly.

“That is amazing Serenity. I know I am asking a lot of questions but what are you going to do when you get out of the hospital?” Anne asks. I knew this question would come up.

“Well since I have no family alive to take care of me, Dr. Thompson said I can stay in the hospital till I get adopted whenever that is” I reply to Anne’s question.

“Serenity I know that we have only known you for three days but the lads and I have grown so attached to you and you already said that you feel the same way about us. We don’t want you to be apart of anyone elses family. We want you to be apart of the One Direction family.The reason my mum is here today is to ask you if we could adopt you” Harry starts and I am in awe.

“Serenity Knight, would you like to become Serenity Styles, my daughter?” Anne asks and I am still in awe. I try to talk but nothing comes out and I nod my head rapidly.

“SHE SAID YES!” Harry screams and the whole place looks at him.

“Can you even talk Serenity?” Niall asks and I shake my head.

“She is in shock. Give the girl some space” Anne says and our food arrives.

***

I can’t believe I am going to Harry Styles’s sister! I did not think I was going to be adopted since my birthday is a month away. I am so happy that Anne and Harry both want me to be in their family. I am truly blessed.

We walk back to the hospital so Anne can sign the adoption papers.

“I can’t believe I have a younger sister! I am not the youngest anymore!” Harry screams, this time he is outside so it does not make a difference.

“Harry remember I am only a year and a day younger than you” I reply.

“That is what us leprechauns call Irish Twins” Niall says and we all laugh.

We walk back in the hospital Anne and Harry talk to Dr. Thompson while Liam and Zayn went to the cafe. Niall and I go back to my room.

“Serenity I have a question” Niall says as he plays with his hair. I can tell that he is nervous.

“Ask away” I reply.

“Well I was wondering if you would like to go see a movie with me sometime?” Niall asks as he closes his eyes, I bet he is expecting rejection but he is SO wrong.

“Yes, I would love to go see a movie with you” I say as I hug him.