chapter 17

Chapter:

Cameron:

Mmm...I really really want to stay in bed.

But I'm hungry.

And thirsty. Among other things. I drag myself out of bed and shuffle myself over to the kitchen. The stove says its 12:30. Huh? It's not dark out. It can't be after midnight, but it sure feels like it.

"Hey," a voice says. I look. Oh. Raven. "you ok?"

Ummm...oh, yes. I give a slow nod as my mouth and throat does not work yet.

"Do you want something to eat?"

Eat? Hungry, food goes in mouth. I nod again. Yes, I want food.

Ray goes somewhere and I just sit down. After my eyes have glazed over, a hand reaches infront of me with a plate of good smell.

I mean, of food. I mumble something vaguely resembling the word thanks and slowly bring the food to my mouth to eat. I slowly chew. Then swallow. A few more slow bites. Why does noon feel so much like midnight? A few more swallows. Mycraft. Huh?

Mycroft! James brought me home last night. "Where's Jim?" I ask, finally finding my mouth and voice in working condition.

"I don't know. He didn't say where he was going when he left last night."

Oh, duh. Of course. "Thank you," I say in reference to the food more clearly tham before.

Finding my phone in my bedroom, I dial James. After a few rings, he finally answers. "Cameron?"

"Thank you," I say, skipping everything else unnecessary.

"You're welcome," he says woth an audible smile.

"Can I see you?" I ask. It's better than asking where are you, can I come with Mycroft meddling.

"Of course you can," he says, clearly pleased. "I'll be right over."

I can't help but smile. "I'll see you, then."

James:

Cameron is awake now. She sounds fine and I'm looking forward to seeing her conscious again. I knock on her door and it practically flies open. She latches onto me before I can say a word. I hug her back in return.

"Are you alright?" I ask due to her reaction at my arrival.

"Silver is the only cat I have seen since I woke up," she informs me with a smile.

"Good."

She looks very content as I watch her expression. "How did you know I was there?" she asks after a few moments.

"Do you really think I would leave the country without some kind of connection to you?"

Cameron seems pleased by this information. "You know, some would say you are over protective."

"What can I say?" I was just keeping my promise, nothing more.

"Where did you get the clever idea to distract me from the cats?" She actually remembers that.

"It wasn't too hard," I say with a chuckle.

At this she seems even more pleased.

"Are you guys coming inside or what?" Raven calls from inside the apartment.

Cameron laughs with a hint of embarrassment. "Sorry, Ray." She joins me out in the hall and closes the door behind her. We leave the building hand in hand.