chapter 36 RD

M:
So did u decide to find out more about Mr. Ellington?
J:
Yeah
M:
What have u learned?
J:
::sliding down in the chair::
He likes ::band:: and used to be in a band in high school
His girlfriend has two kids
M:
Well that's a fairly good start, Jim
::smiles::
Did u learn maybe a thing or two about his personality as well?
J:
Yeah, he laughs too much
M:
::chuckles::
Sometimes those are the easiest people to get along with.
did u know, tho, that people who laugh too much are often nervous, deppressed, or have been hurt too many times?
## change to
J:
Yeah I heard.
M:
He also sounds like a really nice guy.
It takes a lot of responsibility and courage to take on a woman with children.
J:
Im sure.
M:
Was there anything else u were able to learn about Mr. Ellington?
J:
Nothing notable
M:
Did u reciprocate the information he gave u with things about urself, by chance?
J:
no.
M:
::suspected as much::
Back to our analogy of gold.
would u say quality of gold is an important factor in its use as currency?
J:
Yes
M:
Do u know how the quality of gold is determined?
J:
...hardness, density...
M:
Thats part of finding out if its gold at all the questions.
but to find the *quality* or the purity of gold and to *refine* the gold to make it more pure, it takes heat.
J:
Ok...
M:
Just like we use gold to represent a person or group of people, and the testing of the density and such to questions, we could say that all of the answers comes from them. But to find out their quality and figurative pureness, we need something from the outside. The heat. And the heat can b likened to ur input. The less u give, the less u know.
## lol
J:
So...
M:
So how do u think this applies to u and Cameron?
M:
Would u say you give Cameron information about u and ur past on a fairly regular basis?
J:
...yesn
M:
Would u say she returns the favor?
J:
Yes
M:
Do u think u would have opened up to Cameron if she never said anything about herself or her past?
J:
...probably not.
M:
What if u never ended up telling *her* anything about urself? Would she have opened up to u for very long?
J:
::thinks a moment::
no
M:
As I had said before, what u've learned about Mr. Ellington is a good start. However, to really get to know him, it takes giving a little of urself. When he sees u r trusting a little in him, he will b much more likely to open up to u.
#if u want him to accuse her of forcing him to make a friend, feel free. I have a perfect rebuttal to it#
M:
I can understand ur concern, jim. But I am not trying to force u to make a friend. On the contrary, all forms of relationships are based on this tool that I am trying to teach u. Just as heat can be used to refine gold, it can also shape the gold into whatever u want it to be. Likewise, the kind of input you give, how much or how little of it can all help u to form the relationship into the shape u want it to be.
of course, its not entirely dependent on u. A lot of it matters on what type of person they are.
J:
...
Then what "shapes" are there?
M:
strangers, awuaintances, working relationship, friendship, family, close friendship, dating or romantic relationships and many variations. Just like there are endless varieties of shapes for gold to take.

J:
'kay
M:
Also, just like fool's gold and real gold, there *are* people that are not worth ur time. However, just like with fool's gold, u'll never know if u dont test them.
J:
right
M:
::she can tell it's all starting to make sense, that its all coming together::
::all he needs is practice::
Alright, i know i've done a lot of talking for the past couple of days.
is there anything u wanted to tell me or ask me about?
J:
no
M:
With that said, my only recommendation is contacting Mr. Ellington by tomorrow and see if he reveals more to u about himself if u try giving a little of urself.
remember, im only suggesting this for practicing purposes only. It's up to u how it shapes up to be in the end.
::polite nod of dismissal::
J:
thanks
::leaves::
My:
::later in the afternoon comes to Jim's flat::
::now that Mycroft has the necessary evidence, he has jim arrested::
## sorry im not thinking today
#is ok#
C:
::its after wrk::
::decides to call J::
::no answer::
C:
::hmm...that isnt typical::
::will wait until nightfall::
::and then checks his location::
::phone location is local jail::
C:
::sighs::
I gotta go, ray.
They just convicted him of good intentions.
::takes off to the jail::
::tells the guards she's there to see jim::
R:
::...confused but ok::
-
::they let her back to see him, they're not like Mycroft::
C:
hey.
They tell u the reason for ur arrest yet?
J:
Mycroft's going for murder
C:
Ah.
::gives him paper and pen::
U'll need to give Maria permission to release the papers to me.
Do u have a lawyer?
J:
Yeah
::writes/signs whatever::
C:
When's the trial?
J:
Haven't heard yet
C:
Have ur lawyer give me a call the minute u find out, ok?
J:
::nods::
C:
Ok.
i should have those papers by tomorrow.
Is there anything else u need?
J:
No im ok
C:
...alright.
I love u
#cuz uk they can't touch due to seperation glass#
J:
::smiles, thinking of their phone conversation when she said love::
I love you too
#aww...lol#
C:
::goes to take care of that::