chapter 38 RD

C:
::comes to the office::
C:
Am I here to reherse under pressure? Mind u, Mycroft is poor at the whole questioning and torturing thing. I do hope he has someone else speaking for him, it might b a bit more of a challenge
#omgns, she sounds like sherlock ahora, lol#
L:
::chuckles::
I'm sure someone else will be speaking for him.
C:
good.
Let's get sstarted then.
First up?
::meaning question::
L:
Miss Allen, is it true that mr Moriarty has a history of violence and criminal activity?
C:
a history of it, yes.
L:
And isn't it true that the defendant admitted to you that he killed Jared Brown?
C:
I was never told a name until you've mentioned it.
L:
Alright. But he did admit to killing someone, yes?
C:
He had.
L:
Then it would seem that he confessed guilt
C:
He confessed to well intended motives.
L:
What did he tell you his motives were?
C:
Jim was intending on paying back the said victim for having kidnapped me and for having denied me basic necessities during my captivity.
L:
So it was a form of revenge?
C:
Those would not be my words for it.
L:
What would be your words then?
C:
It was his opinion of justice clouded by naïvete.
L:
Its not been my experience for someone naive to orchestrate such an act
C:
It has been mine.
Jim is my second experience in which a person with extreme intelligence are incapable of comprehending common abstract things in life.
L:
Are you suggesting to the court that the defendant was mentally incapable of understanding what he was doing?
C:
I'm saying that Jim is incapable of underatanding the significance of what he has done.
L:
So if he is in fact, as you say, incapable of understanding the significance of his actions, what's to prevent him from doing it again?
C:
He has been recieving aid from a psychotherapist and he is dating a psychotherapist that has prior experience. It is my belief that if he is helped to come to an understanding in the abstract things in life that he will be able to prevent further instances.
he is also a man of his word and has promised that he will never allow me to be his reason for further crimes if this sort.
L:
So if it were up to you, public safety would rely on therapy and a promise?
C:
He has black and white thinking pattern, to break his promises would go against his very nature. It has also been my experience that he has never lied. I willingly have put my life in his hands knowing full well his history. And that was before the therapy.
L:
::done::
You did very well miss allen, have you had much experience in the courts?
C:
In?
No.
My mom has, tho. We keep saying she should have been a lawyer.
L:
Well it seems she's given you some of her skill.
## what now?
C:
Thank u. I've certainly have heard enough of it
::chuckles::
L:
::chuckles::
Ok now I'll be on the side of the defense.
C:
Alright, ready when u r.
L:
Miss Allen, how long have you known mr Moriarty?
C:
Almost 2 and a half months.
L:
And in this time has the defendant ever shown to have a dangerous or malicious manner? Towards you or anyone else?
C:
No.
On the contrary, I have seen him to be protective.
L:
::nods::
Protective.
Would you even say loyal?
C:
::thinks for a moment::
If one has gained any of his trust, yes. Even loyal.
L:
That being the case, it would seem *disloyalty* might be a great offence in his eyes, do u agree?
C:
Absolutely.
L:
Having said that, is it feasible that in his eyes the death of Jared Brown was a reasonable punishment for what he had done?
C:
In his eyes, yes.
L:
So in a sense, the issue here is not malice but misguided justice

C:
Yes.
L:
In your professional opinion, would you say this is something that can be adjusted?
C:
With effort and guidance, yes.
L:
Along those same lines, what effect would a gard prison sentence have?
C:
he would be forced into a place with true crimminals where he is either more likely to feel the need to resort to violence or he would b thrown into isolation, which his intellect has already made him susceptile to. In either case, prison could actually do far more harm than good.
L:
So basically it would be in everyone's best interest to find a solution more fitting to his situation
C:
Yes.
L:
Thank you
C:
How'd i do this time?
L:
Excellent
C:
::grins::
Good.
need I ask how Jim is with the questions?
L:
He's good, very calm and collected
C:
::smiles::
That sounds just like him.
...u know, ordinarily I would have allowed him to be arrested, had it not been for his handicap.
L:
What do you mean?
C:
I stand behind the law completely. I have nothing on my records. The only thing preventing me from letting him go to prison is my knowing he truely does not understand simple things like relationships or the value of life, significance of death, or the importance of various laws.
L:
::nods::
C:
Any tips for the real thing?
L:
The prosecution will most likely try to twist your words.
They may try to discredit your testimony.
C:
::nods::
Sounds about right.
Anything u say can and will b used against you, right?
L:
Right
C:
See u at the trial then?
L:
See you at the trial