F for Fools

Elizabeth's heels clicked the polished floor as she stomped down the hall to find her brother. She gathered the silk fabric of her skirt in her fist to avoid stumbling and marched outside of the manor into the backyard of house. There he sat, her brother, enjoying his tea under the canopy of trees and was playing with his hound. The dog wagged his tail when Leonardo patted his head laughing and scrubbed underneath his chin cooing at him. The German shepherd drew out its tongue licking his mouth so did the palm of Leonardo that made his chest rumble with the laughter. Elizabeth coughed to gain her brother's attention who stood up upon seeing his sister.

"Why, sister you seem troubled by your face?" He wiped the hound's saliva off his hand with towel and narrowed his hawked eyes at her sister inspecting the worry lines on her forehead.

"This needs to be stopped, brother", She spoke out loudly clearing her throat. The grudge of Leonardo towards Jonathan must have to be stopped and she'd allow it no further. Leonardo looked between her sister and his hound, tossing the towel aside and replied back,

"I know you hate it, Elizabeth"

"Of course my disdain of it would be logical", Elizabeth crossed her arms looking straight at her brother with tight jaw. She never had liked Leonardo's treatment towards her husband whether in front of the clan or her family. Both of her sons look up to her father, she reckoned and it'd be quite inappropriate and of ill mannerism if Leonardo speaks ill of Jonathan. Leonardo sighed, knowing what might be troubling his sister and stepped forward to place his hand on her left shoulder.

"Sister, about that dog..."

"Brother you dared to call him a hound?" Elizabeth shouted pulling away from her brother. Never in her wildest dream she had imagined that Leonardo would go that far in calling her husband a breed of dog.

"If I'm not to call a dog by its nature a dog, what to call it sister?" Leonardo chuckled and shook his head at her who was riling up with anger. Elizabeth had never liked the presence of hounds at the manor, fierce creatures she used to call them since her childhood. But as a lady of fair words and tongue, she wouldn't appreciate to call a 'Hound' as a 'dog' that sounded like a insult and disrespecting.

"Whom are you calling a dog is my husband brother", Elizabeth whined throwing her arms up in the air. Leonardo coughed rubbing his chest upon her words and spoke to clarify the misunderstanding.

"Elizabeth, by all means I was referring to my Hound", he gestured towards the German shepherd who had his face directed towards his master. Elizabeth upon realization of her misinterpretation of his words spoke,
"Pardon my rudeness brother but I was referring to Jonathan"

"What of him?"

"Is something going on between you and him, brother?" Leonardo pressed fingers on his temple at her question. He had been on a  high doubt that her sister might have an slightest idea about Jared's situation or it could've been the fact that she might have known. Maybe if he'd check out to learn whether she knew about it or not.

"Sister,what thou are asking of me?"

"Brother, don't lie to me now. I know what are you up to against Jonathan"

"I must say it's him who started it" Leonardo answered recalling what Jonathan had told him that could be the one responsible for his son's disappearance and Leonardo believed his words without any doubt. Jonathan never had been that fool as he posed to be for the world and he'd tell about Jonathan's hatred towards him to come clean out of it.

"Kevan happened to catch you two other night", Elizabeth, like always had misinterpreted his words for a heated quarrel. Leonardo clenched his jaw upon hearing the name of young blood who's causing too much of the trouble around the manor. He'd remind himself of teaching that boy a good lesson for eavesdropping on the elders.