Blue winters

The skies darkened; greyish black clouds covered the sky like swirls of ink diffusing in the water. Sky turned into almost black soot and lightning bolt struck the horizon followed by thunder. Jonathan and James looked up at the sky and black feathers fell on the ground like ash filled snow. They sped towards the woods to get the children before the swarm of vulture size creatures with sharp fangs and claws along with pointed tails attacked the woods. Jonathan called for the children, ducking down as one of them approached him from behind. The tree house, where his children used to play was torn down into shreds and splinters. He heard the gunshots in the woods followed by the growls of wolves running in the clearing where heinous creatures were preying upon. Hunters were shooting and firing at the vultures with their crossbows. Jonathan found the children hiding underneath the bridge and he rushed towards them to see if they were alright. Jared was hugging a young girl whose arm was bleeding covered in cuts.

"Where do you live?" He asked the girl whose eyes were blank staring into the distant.
 "She isn't saying anything" Jared told his father who nodded checking girl's pupil. He inspected her injuries and shouted out for James. Jonathan picked up the girl and Jared in his arms while James took the rest of the children towards the other end of the woods. A wolf snarled looking in the direction where the both men had disappeared and sprang in their direction. They men skidded down the hill, holding children and a wolf jumped in their way making them stop. The animal growled baring his teeth and transformed into a man in a cloak.

"Where are you taking my niece?"
.
.
.
.
.
"I heartily apologize for the trouble my son has caused you", an elderly man sitting next to Daniel, who claimed to be Renesmee's uncle, spoke. That elder one was maternal grandfather of Reneseme and her mother happened to be adopted human daughter of him. A man of the same age entered the room and Jonathan's eyes widened at him.

 "Trevor?"

"Jonathan? What in the earth you're doing here?"

 "I came with this child" Jonathan gestured towards Renesmee whose arm was covered in bandages and snuggling in the chest of her grandfather. Trevor once had been his friend who out of the sudden disappeared cutting ties with him.
"Renesmee is my daughter", Trevor replied smiling.
.
.
.
.
.
"Ahhhhh your family doesn't make any sense", Jared whined looking out of the window. Renesmee who was colouring the bridge on her sketchbook sat up cross legged and blinked up at him.
"Look, mama is human, grandfather adopted her and she isn't a wolf. Papa's father, my grandpa, is brother of gramps but he isn't a wolf rather a hunter. Papa and mama are cousins"
"Why?"
"Eh?"
"Why gramps is wolf, and grandpa is not?. Me and Alec are brothers and both are vampires" Jared paced in Renesmee's room scratching his head.

"Silly, not everyone can be wolf" She giggled turning back to continue colouring the picture she drew.
"What you gonna be when you grow up?" He asked in eagerness.
"Umm", she tapped her chin in thoughtfulness and spoke, "I'll become a hunter like mother"

"Woah cool, Renezee"
.
.
.
.
.
Alec and Gina rolled on the floor laughing hysterically and clutching their stomachs. They looked up at Jared and burst into laughing wiping tears leaking from the corner of their eyes. Kevan poked Jared's cheek who was standing like a statue holding his breath as if he'll break when he does. Renesmee stared at him with her open mouth and a slight blush formed on her cheeks. Jared was standing brooding crossed- arms in his white T shirt and black hoodie in his first haircut.

"You look like a boy" Renesmee commented touching his head.
"I'm a boy" Jared pushed back Kevan who was continuously poking his cheek and nose.
"You look beautiful" Renesmee cackled followed by the cries of laughter from the floor.
"It's handsome, Renezee" Jared shouted back for the umpteenth time and glared at his brother and cousin who had lost their minds.
"But you're princess." Jared's eye twitched in irritation and he grabbed the broom from the closet drawing everyone out of the room. The children ran downstairs crying for help with Jared on their tail.