Chapter5

Picture: Blake

X----------------------------------'--'--------X
"ELLA, I'M HOME" Anna shouts as she entered the house. She hope Ella prepare something good to eat
.
After seeing the prince, from a distance that day, she needs to be full before she lay down on bed an dream about him.

"Anna, in here. Come quickly" her mom shouts from the living room. Oh, she's cheerful again.

How wonderful. But, it's been two days after all.

She huffs as she followed the voice, "What?" It was the first time they talk to each other after the fight that night. She wondered what make Mel drop her so called pride.

Besides, she's never excited to see or talk to her mom.

Her little sister was already sitting beside her mother.

Oh, I see you're out today.

Isa was probably hiding in her room that night. Her sister was a scaredy cat. Always wanting to please Mel.

Both their face was lightening up. Anna noticed the decorated card in her mother's hand, a wedding card? She yawns as she sat beside her mother.

"Yeah?" She wished Mel would hurry with whatever she wants to say.

"We're invited!"

"To what?" Anna frowned.

"To the Rendell's party!"

Her eyes widen, "Really?" she practically scream, her bitterness with her mom all forgotten as the mentionof Rendell.

"Yeah. The whole town's invited this time though" her mom scowled, "They shouldn't invite those low class people"
Now they're rich, her mother LOVED to call the less fortunate people, like how they were before she married Ella's dad, low class.

"Does it matter?" she asked, annoyed.

"Yes" her mom narrowed are eyes, "Are you still friends with Victoria and Heather"

"Yeah" she sighed.

"Good. You should hang out only with them. We clear" Translation: You should hand out with only rich people.

"Yes, mom" She said mockingly. Even though they always talk behind my back. Hopefully, Mel didn't catch it.

"Mom, we need NEW dresses" Isa gushes.

"Of course, honey. It's been so long we attended the party. You aren't meeting Blake Rendell with your old dresses"

"When's the party?" Anna asks.

"Next Saturday. Go get ready, we're shopping now"

"Wh-what about me?" they heard Ella asking hesitatingly from behind. That made Anna cringe. They looked back to see her biting her lips nervously. Anna could tell she master up all her courage to ask that.

Stupid, Ella. I'm proud that you've grown the guts to speak up but do you honestly believe mom will listen to you?

"What about you" her mom asked, both irritated and mocking.

"Can I...come?"

Oh, boy. You just have to ask, don't you?

Anna tried not to smile in amusement.

"What would you do there?"

"I-I'd like to see the Rendell's Estate. I won't get in anyone's way. I promise"

"Don't you have work to do that day? It's your 'Working day' after all "

Anna pursed her lip. Everyday is Ella's WD.