Chapter8

Edited by : Christamariaalaly

x----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------x

Anastasia went through the school page online, looking if someone had posted pictures from that night, she saw pictures of Vee and Heather. Great, that must be the time when she was lost outside, the other pictures didn't make her too happy either. She still couldn't get over what happened two nights ago and these pictures didn't help.

After they went home, her mother was pretty upset about what happened but didn't scold Ella just because her mom knew that the prince was smitten with her. Mel had always wanted to get in the good side of the Rendells. Anna knew that she was happy that she'd get noticed by the Rendells as her step-daughter caught the heir's attention. She didn't really care that her daughter's heart was crushed.

She honestly thought that Mel would shout at her at one point. Anna wanted to grab popcorn and watch the scene as she was so mad that night. But, she didn't have the energy. Blake dropped Ella off so Mel couldn't and didn't complain. That was the first time she missed her mom's meanness.

Anna was already in her room by that time, didn't want to face Ella. Let alone hear the sound of Blake's car outside.

She still can't believe that she bawled her eyes out at Hunter's chest. He didn't say a word while she just clung onto him, she appreciated that. Her mom would probably faint if she saw her with the town's mischievous man- Hunter.

Someone knocked at her door, "Anna, the food's getting cold"

"So what" she snapped at Ella. Silence.

"Just heat in up when you want to eat it, okay? I'll keep them for you" she spoke softly as she ignored her tone, "I hope you get well soon"

Anna glared at the door while she listened to Ella's footstep getting farther and farther away. She refrained herself from shouting out, 'stop acting like you care' because Ella do care for them more than her mom. And, 'It's all you fault! You ruined everything. Why did you have to come? Why don't you stay in the shadow as you usually do? Why did you decide to come out of it that night of all the nights?' But she didn't say anything.

Because Ella would know then how much she was hurting, she pined for the boy that she lost to her very own step-sister. If Ella or anybody else knew about that- her pride would get crushed. People will look at her with pity in their eyes. She had enough getting those all through her childhood.

Only Hunter knew her true feelings about the events, she just hoped the biker wouldn't say a thing though she highly doubted that he's the type to talk about that thing.

WHEN ANNA WALKED along the hallway, she noticed people staring at her. Well, it's not the first time so she shrugged it off.

But, something was definitely different about it, they were looking at her face and not her dress. Some even whisper to each other while looking at her and pointing at her without trying to hide it. Well, that's weird. Maybe she got something on her face. Or something's wrong with her make up!

She quickly headed to the restroom. She headed straight to one of the cubicles. She can't risk people entering the rest room and caught her fixing herself. She always had to give a look that says she's cool without trying, trying hard anyway.

She took out a mirror from her bag and looked at her reflection. Hmm. That was weird, everything looked okay.

Just as she tried to open the door, the girls who entered few seconds ago started to talk.

"Have you heard about Anna of second year?" that made Anna froze.

"Yeah, she's shameless as hell! I wouldn't even come to school anymore if I was her" said girl number two.