Chapter9

Edited by : Christamariaalaly

X---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------x

Ella had headed to her room as soon as Blake called her, which Anna didn't miss.

Anna walked past Ella's room. For the fourth time actually. In her defence, she liked to look at herself in the mirror of the common bathroom that particular day. That's what she had been doing. Going back and forth to the bathroom's mirror to check herself, only.

5 minutes ago, Ella shouted 'Blake!' as soon as she received a call. If she was anyone else, she would have accused her of bragging.

Anna even shifted her attention away from "The Bachelorette" she was watching and that was something she never did, and her head felt like it was boiling when she heard the word 'date'.

She inched closer to the door. Suddenly, the door opened making her jerk back, her hand on her chest.

"Anna, you okay?" Ella asked with concern in her voice.

She cleared her throat, "Yeah. I'm good"

"but-.. are you sure?"

Shit! She was probably going to accuse her of something.

"Can't I use the damn bathroom without anyone questioning me?" She said defensively.

"Of course you can! Sorry" Ella blinked in confusion.

"Yeah" Anna said awkwardly before she continued "So, going out tonight?" she asked, trying to sound casual.

"Umm, no"

Oh. Damn it. Bad guess.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, to the grocery shop, do you need something?"

She glared at Ella, but she seemed more confused. Of course, she'd be!

Ugh! She wanted to grab Ella and shake her like a rag doll, asking her when was the so called date! But, she needed to play it cool.

How embarrassing it would be if Ella found out that the guy her 'mean' step sister loved was into her.

It was a matter of pride.

"So, you and Blake, huh?" she checked her pedicured nails for the effect.

'How original' Gaga taunted her.

Ella's eyes widened before her cheeks reddened.

"I-I guess"

Yup. Anna definitely wanted to strangle her. And yes, out of jealousy.

'Just kill her already!' That was not her. Bad Gaga.

But hey, she couldn't do that because Blake won't be too happy about her killing his love interest and she didn't want to be called a 'lunatic'.

"I see" she tried to keep her calm, "Did he ask you out yet? You know, somewhere?"

Like a date? She put on her best fake smile. Ella probably wouldn't notice with the googly eyes she had on now.

"Um, yes. Actually he did!" she said excitedly, "He said he'd take me to- Oh sorry, didn't mean to ramble-"

"Go on" Anna barked too quickly, afraid she would stop, causing Ella to blink, "I mean, you can tell me anything" she said calmly before adding, "I mean it" and she did! She really wanted to know!

"Well, he said he'd be taking me to the carnival they opened near the Rendell's estate"

"Ain't he just sweet" like a freaking candy. She was not complaining. She liked candies.