Chapter16

Edited by : Hello83433

...................................................................................................................................................................

ANNA PACED BACK and forth in the living room, Blake had come over to their house and was currently in the kitchen.

The only problem was the pest called 'Ella' that was with him.

15 minutes ago...

Anna was laying on the sofa, browsing the net, her left leg hanging on the back of the sofa while her right supported the laptop at an odd angle.

The doorbell rang, she wished whoever was out there would leave, she ignores it.

The doorbell rings again, making her huff.

It was only a few feet away, she debated whether to open it or not.

She decided to call out to Ella in the end.

"Ella! Someone's at the door"

"Coming"

Ella ran to the door and Anna heard her open it.

Then, she heard Ella laughing happily. She wondered who it was, definitely not her mom or those gigolos.

She shifted the laptop on her tummy and looked between her legs only to see Blake!

Her damn policy of 'Anna always looking cool' was so opposite to her current position! She was always posing when Blake was near so her current position was not okay.

She nearly fell off the couch as she tries to stand up.

She remembered that she had washed her face! No makeup on.

She's ruined. She hoped the sitting room lights didn't shine on her that moment.

Blake just smiled at her politely as Ella led him to the kitchen. The only place Ella gets privacy besides her room.

Anna sighed in relief. She prayed that her drunken mother would not come down as she'd embarrassed them by talking way too much. Talking includes bragging. Nothing about her drunken state was 'funny drunk' either.

She did the only thing she could think of at that moment, what was the most important thing, her make up. She can't put on too much as Blake would see the difference. However, she can put on thin eyeliner and add some blush to her cheeks. So, she ran up the room.

PRESENT..

Anna collected herself and finally decided to enter the kitchen.

What she saw surprised her, Blake was so close to Ella's face...almost as if he's trying to kiss her!

YES! Perfect timing because they quickly parted.

"Hey" both of them greet her.

"Hey" she said a bit too cheerfully.

They were about to start a conversation as Blake's hand held Ella's. So being the bad girl, she turned on the coffee grinder.

Oh yeah. She's bad. She mentally put on her sunglasses and perform happy dance.

She had never loved the sound of the damn machine so much.

They looked around awkwardly as they struggled to hear each other's voice.

Perfect!

"Want some coffee?" Anna asked ,when she turned it off, in the sweetest sound she could master.