Chapter18

Anna exhaled when she reached the table near the window in the library.

As she looked at the guy sitting at one of the tables, her left leg took a step back at the sight. She blinked repeatedly wondering if her eyes are playing tricks on her.

Hunter!

What was he doing here. Of all the places, the library was the last place she expected him to be. And there were books opened in front of him.

As if feeling her gaze, his eyes found her before he arched one brow.

Realising she wasn't imaging things, she approached him and sat beside him.

"What are you doing here?" she can't help but ask.

Hunter points to the books in front of him making her nod slowly.

He seemed to be lost in his thoughts for a moment before he drawled "Don't tell me you were involved with the guy we all heard screaming for his life earlier"

She glared at him, wanting to scold him for automatically assuming she was involved but nothing came out because he was right.

So she pursed her lips instead while he chuckled knowing he was right.

10minutes ago...

Anna arrived earlier than expected that day for an afternoon class, she didn't really have anywhere to go. It was cold so sitting outside was not an option. In the end, she headed to the library.

She looked through the shelves for books to read. Well, she really isn't going to read but since Blake love books, she needs to prepare herself to meet him at all times. It would be a total bonus if he sees her with books.

So, making up her mind, she grabbed the first book she touched as it didn't really matter what kind of book it was. Just as she turned to her side, she saw a familiar figure disappearing from her view.

Damn. It really is Blake!

She remembered that Ella had morning class so maybe Blake did too. So, he was free now.

Forgetting all about pretending to read, she shoved the book back into the shelf and peeked in the space between books to watch him on the other side.

She remembered some movie she watched, the guy pulled out a book from the shelf and at the same time the heroine was standing on the opposite aisle, trying to reach for the same book so their eyes clashed.

She rolled her eyes that time thinking that those things happen only in movies but now, she's going to make it happen.

She bends low to keep her eyes level with the spaces between the books for the plan. She followed him while her eyes trained on his arms, waiting for him to pick a book, any book.

As she kept walking sideways, she chants that he would reach for one or else the romantic scene will not happen.

She stilled then stopped too when he did. His arms slowly reach out, everything feels like slow motion then.

She held her breath and she adjusted her head to the shelf where his fingers landed.

She quickly ruffled her hair to give a sexy messy look and put on a huge smile.

Blake pulled the book down but the only sound she heard was the guy screaming when he saw her! His body reeled back.

Her smile dropped when she sees that the guy -who she seemed to scared the wits out of- was not Blake.

She huffed in disappointment. At the same time, her cheeks heated up when she took in the fact that she had scared the guy!

Damn, she was trying to be romantic for goodness sake!