Chapter14

ANNA HELD A LARGE BOOK, with both hands-as it was heavy, and read it. Well, at least she tried.

She stood by the window of the busy hallway, peeking behind the books to see if the prince was around.

The earlier night, she overheard him telling Ella, over the phone, how much he loves to read books. When Ella excitedly told him that she did too, they were discussing about it almost the whole night.

And yes, today, in her hands was this big physics book she borrowed from the library to show the prince that she can read too.

Anna tried reading one more paragraph but she had no clue what she was reading. Something about dynamics? It made her head spin in boredom and frustration.

She can't do it anymore. Even if it's for the prince. Reading is too boring.

She slammed the book closed and headed to class instead.

She saw her friends sitting far away from their usual seats. These days, they had become distant.

She can't let that happen, she alone wasn't enough to attract attention on her own. She need minions. Different types of rumors had been spreading that made people give her weird looks.

But, before she can approach and try to make conversation, the professor entered.

Guess I have to do it during lunch break.

She saw a girl sitting in her seat,

"Move" Anna commands

.

The girl scowls at her and folds her arms in defiance. Anna grinds her teeth, she's really losing her touch. She had enough of being looked down on. This is never going to happen again.

If the professor wasn't already in the room, she would've pulled the girl by her hair and drug her out.

The other students were already settling down so she had to act fast.

She glances at the professor to see if he was looking and when she realized he was busy arranging papers, she took that chance to make her move.

Anna grabbed the girl's handbag and threw it in the back not caring what was in it or where it landed.

The girl gasped and stood up to face her, Anna, who had a smug grin on her face.

I'm always going to be the girl with power.

"What's going on there, settle down now." They heard the professor's voice.

"Sorry professor, my friend seems to have forgotten her seat and being a good friend, I'm showing her. It's actually there in the back, see your bag's there to prove it" Anna pointed to the table at the back where some nice students were picking up the bag for the poor girl.

"Bitch"

"Horrible"

She heard the class cursing her, defending the poor girl who can't meet Anna's eyes in embarrassment. She meekly makes her way to the back.

Anna rolled her eyes.

Get over it.

It's survival of the fittest. If she can't fight back, it's her damn fault. I'm just teaching her that.

'Like they used to teach you.' Gaga's voice echoed at the back of her mind.

And I've learnt. She replied her inner thought.

After class, Anna chased her friends who left class as soon as it was over,

"Hey, wait up" She calls, making the girls walk faster.