chapter three

The next day, I woke up and got a text from Camila.

Camila 😍🙊 🌺🎀: good morning baby!! my car is out of gas do you mind picking me up today??

I rubbed my eyes, let out a laugh, and typed back.

Y/N: yeah of course. do you want anything? it's waffle wednesday.

Camila 😍🙊 🌺🎀:: hell yes omg one strawberry banana waffle please

I got dressed quickly, coming downstairs as fast as I could.

"Two strawberry banana waffles, please." I said to my lovely mother.

"Not so fast, Flash." Mom grabbed me by the back of my hoodie. "You have to take Jamie to school today. She has to drop off her science project."

I wondered how Jamie could finish a science project so fast, but I agreed to drive her as we went to pick up Camila.

"What are you going to do about the Rattlesnakes?" She asked, trying to hold her baking soda volcano down so it wouldn't fall.

"I don't know if there's anything we can do. Unlike our band, there's is entirely student run. They have no authority." Although it was sad, it was true. Nothing could be done that I knew of.

As soon as I parked outside of Camila's house, she ran outside. She was holding a book in her hand as she ran out excitedly.

"Section Fourteen, Paragraph Seven." She said, coming in, buckling her seatbelt, and kissing me on the cheek.

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's the State Handbook for Field Conduct, Intramural Sports. It states here that if an enemy band does something serious, like hurts an opposing band member a week before and/or after a game, the band is suspended from competing and performing the rest of the season."

"What makes you so sure we'll face them again?" I asked.

Camila pulled out a printed screenshot of a predicted bracket for the season.

"The football coach put this up on his website. He's been here for 26 years, and was only wrong in '96 and '05. If all goes to plan, we'll face them the first States game. Until then, we play our cards right. Make sure they attempt, but don't go through with it."

"Baby, you're a genius." Camila's cheeks turned a shade of pink.

"We just can't tell anyone."

"What, why?"

"Because then everyone will think that'll solve the problem. It's like Plan D, and you guys need an A, B, and C." Jamie interjected, as we dropped her off at school.

"You really are smart, baby. I want you to know that." I told her, stroking her hair.

"No, you're the smart one. You aren't playing his games. You want what's best for the band."

I grabbed her neck and connected our lips. Our tongues wrestled for dominance until a car started honking at us.

"Oh no. I know whose minivan that is." I said.

"SUP GUYS!!! WE HAD TO DROP REGINA OFF!" Dinah yelled from her window.

"They're gonna be so cute when they have kids!" Ally gushed.

"Guys, we can't have kids. You guys are idiots." Camila yelled back. "We're gonna adopt."

I nodded my head. I liked where this was going, actually. Mrs. Camila Allen.