chapter five

"So you guys actually had sex?" Nate whisper-yelled in the middle of the diner.

"My, god, Nathaniel, no!" I slapped his arm hard. "I mean, we may have thought we were going to, but we just made out for three hours and fell asleep."

I just got of off work at the comic book store, where I just had to sort through 500 new shipments of My Little Pony comic books for a Girl Scout troop. Luckily, the courteous action got me a raise.

"I think we're waiting until Wildwood." I told him. "Labor Day Weekend. She wants to take me to the beach."

"Dinah!!!" Nate yelled.

"What do you want, I have to give this guy his third coffee cake. I hope he knows there's no actual coffee in this." Dinah carried a cake to a man in a suit sitting all by himself.

"Mila and Y/N almost DID IT!!" Nate exaggerated.

"WHAT?! Y/N, ARE YOU SERIOUS?" Dinah bellowed.

"For the fifth time. no! We were probably gonna, but we fell asleep."

"Yeah. On top of each other. Naked." Nate clarified to Dinah.

"Oh my god. You guys are so bad." Dinah laughed. "Don't tell Ally, she'll flip."

The past few days were good, despite the fact my mom thought my bruises were hickies from Camila. I went along with it, only because I know my mom would be that mom to go and kick Shawn's ass herself.

"Hey y'all! What's- MY GOD Y/N ALLEN IS THAT A HICKEY WHAT DID CAMILA DO!!!"

"Ally, Shawn gave me these bruises." My friends erupted into laughter.

Just then, our friend Normani, arguably the best dancer on the dance team, and Camila entered, with their work uniforms. Normani got Camila a job with her at Hibachi Jose's. It was a fusion Sushi-Mexican restaurant, and it was by far the most interesting place to work at. When you told someone that it was your birthday there, an entire lightship comes out of nowhere, the employees start singing, and they bring you an ice cream cake that's probably on fire. We once took Ally there, told the waiter it was her birthday when it wasn't, and she freaked out. Now, Ally spends every birthday at home.

"How was your shift, baby?" I asked, grabbing Camila's waist.

"Not bad. Only one birthday today, and it wasn't Ally's." We all started laughing like crazy. Oh, Ally.

"But for real guys, Y/N has the best job." Nate got out between laughs. "The store is legitimately called "We have issues"."

"It's a pun, Nate!" I rolled my eyes. He was such an idiot.

"So...how do you feel, Mila?" Dinah asked.

"Good, Dinah. Why do you ask?" Camila confusedly asked back.

Everyone but Ally started laughing.

"Yeah, we know you guys almost did it." Normani told her.

Camila turned a shade of pink.

"Oh! Well... um... Y/N has a drum off with Shawn in less than 2 days!" All eyes suddenly turned to me.

"Are you prepared for this?" Ally came over to me, resting a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I mean I wrote my piece. It sounds pretty okay."

"What drums are you using?" Nate asked.

"Tenor." I answered, mimicking the tenor motions.

"The quads?!" Nate said in shock. "Oh, that's a challenge."

"Even worse, we all have to go support-" Dinah began.