chapter fourteen

The State Park was a place of memories for my scouting career, and it was also home to the Historic Village. The Village was home to an old white chapel, which cost about 350 to rent, but only for a thirty minute rehearsal.

"Are you serious about this?!" Nate yelled at me on our way to the chapel. "Why the hell did you think this was such a good idea?"

"You were the one who said, Nathaniel, that if I asked she'd say yes." I argued as we drove to the park.

"This is crazy. You two are totally crazy." Nate shook his head as we pulled into the lot.

"NATHANIEL! Isn't this beautiful?" Ally ran towards him, embracing him in a hug.

Nate remained silent as we walked to the chapel. There, we met with Brad, Connor, James, and Tristan, the other boys from our troop. Shortly after, Dinah showed up as well in her full Scout uniform. She joined a few years back.

"This is stupidly adorable." She told me, adjusting my cap.

I wore a coonskin cap, my scout uniform donned with merit badges and all, and my glasses I almost never sported.

"Hey guys." Ally's brother Brandon appeared. He had a license to marry from the Street Bishops. I was unaware if this would be actually legal, but I didn't care. I needed her to be mine.

"Brandon," I greeted, shaking his hand.

"Where's the other bride?" He asked, looking around.

"She's coming." Dinah confirmed. "Normani and Lauren are helping her out."

Just then, Lauren's black car pulled up. Lauren and Normani got out of the car, both wearing the same pink off-the-shoulder dresses Ally wore from a last-minute Forever 21 shopping haul.

"She's ready." Lauren nodded, smiling as happier as ever.

"Alright, let's begin." Brandon entered into the church as the scouts lined up on my side of the church. Dinah was the official wedding photographer, Ally was the flower girl, and Normani and Lauren were the bridesmaids. I didn't expect Lauren to go through with this, but I've never been more proud of her for doing it.

Suddenly, as Ally threw down petals on the floor, there Camila entered with her bridesmaids at her side.

Oh. My. God.

She looked like she was straight out of the movie. Her hair was up in a half ponytail, the remnants falling down her shoulders and back. She wore a pink shift dress with a white collar and cuffs, and a red beret. Saddle shoes were on her feet, as well as the white knee socks. Her black eyeliner was vastly different from the heavy blue eyeshadow.

I was so lucky.

"We are gathered here today to unite two people...sorta." Brandon began. "Karla Camila Cabello, do you take Y/N Y/M/N Allen to be your partner and theoretical wife?"

"Theoretical?"

"This license is from the Internet, kid. I don't know how real it is."

"In that case," She stated. "I do."

"And do you, Y/N Y/M/N Allen, take Karla Camila Cabello to be your partner and theoretical wife?"

"I do."

"Okay, now just sign and initial on this clipboard." Brandon pulled out a clipboard form his briefcase, causing Camila and I to erupt in laughter.

Weird humor. It's what keeps us together.